Our Doorframs

As I listen to the wind blow outside my window, and the leaves blowing against my door it almost sounds like someone trying to get in ,on this VERY cold winter day in December, it makes me think…I wonder if this like a glimpse of what the Israelites must have heard outside their doors. If you don’t know what I am referring to I am talking about the story of Passover in Exodus 12. Up until this point Moses has come to Pharaoh and asked Him to let God’s people go. Pharaoh had refused and had plague after plague come upon Egypt. I love what it says in Ex 11:9 “The Lord had said to Moses, “Pharaoh will refuse to listen to you—so that my wonders may be multiplied.” But what I want to get to is the wonder in Exodus chapter 12. God revealed to me I guess it was this past summer the picture this painted of what we have in Christ. Read Ex 12 below then if you would like I have a clip from “Prince of Egypt” for a visual. It might help you to see even maybe what it was like. As you watch it, if it is windy where you are, and dark I wonder if AT ALL, it was like that. I am sure on a much grader scale, but even the smallest things can give us a glimpse of what it might have been like to be the Israelites in that moment.

“The LORD said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the LORD’s Passover.
12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the LORD. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.”-emphasis mine



I remember when it hit me; I was sitting at the dining room table having my devotional time, and I think I might have been reading in John…but I was thinking about how when I was in Nicaragua Nidia, our leader, would always say "we are cover by the blood of Jesus," and I had heard that, and I understood it in the context of Jesus died to save us; His blood was poured out to save us from our sins. But I didn’t understand why Nidia was saying we are covered with the blood of Jesus int he context of protection. I believed it, but didn’t fully understand. I think I also might have been reading “Believing God” by Beth Moore too, which talks about the Moses and the Isralities…sorry for all the details…haha…but it hit me like a tone of brinks!Just like the Israelites put the blood over their doors to protect then, so the blood of Jesus is over us for those of us in Christ, and no destructive thing (in this context death) will touch us!! I get excited every time I think about it! Here are some verse to help you understand....

Matthew 26:27-28 (New Living Translation)
27 And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, “Each of you drink from it, 28 for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant[a] between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many.


Romans 3:25-26 (New Living Translation)
25 For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood. This sacrifice shows that God was being fair when he held back and did not punish those who sinned in times past, 26 for he was looking ahead and including them in what he would do in this present time. God did this to demonstrate his righteousness, for he himself is fair and just, and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus.


Romans 5:8-10 (New Living Translation)
8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9 And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son.


Ephesians 1:7 (New Living Translation)
7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins


Hebrews 9:22 (New Living Translation)
22 In fact, according to the law of Moses, nearly everything was purified with blood. For without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness.


1 Peter 1:18-20 (New Living Translation)
18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. 19 It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 20 God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but he has now revealed him to you in these last days

We are sealed by His blood! Death has NO POWER!!! AMEN and GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHTEST!! As we get closer to Christmas and celebrating Jesus' birth and what He was born to do; redeem! Lets’ not forget what we have in Christ. I think sometimes we forget that the blood of Jesus is over us, and death has lost its sting! As I listen to the wind howling outside I think of the clip in the "Prince of Egypt" when death passed by the door rattles a little but it could not get in because of the blood…and our God is faithful! Anyway I have wanted to share this revelation for awhile! I love you dearly in the faith and hope you have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! Eat LOTS of food, hug lots of friends and family, and celebrate the birth of our Savior and Lord Jesus Christ…the King of Kings and LORD of Lords, who was, and is, and is to come!

Comments

Popular Posts