preparing to be Radinat!!!

I can’t believe that this Friday I will see a desire of my heart come to fruition. RADIANT: A worship gathering or girls has been something I have wanted to do for almost a year and I give God all the glory for opening this door to make it happen! Each day this week and even last week everything I have read has spoken directly to this night in some way, shape, or form. It just encourages me that God is not only or me, but for this night! Along with all the text messages I am getting from girls telling me how excited they are...I give God all the praise and glory! I am humbled that He would use me as a vessel or His glory! To do something I know apart from Him I can not do! But, I like it that way! I love being a part of God story, and doing something I KNOW on my own I can't do!!!!


For my Devo. time this morning I had the thought to grab a book I haven’t read in a long time titled “Worship: As a Way of Life” by Louie Giglio. I know it was no accident I just came across what I read, this is what the Lord wanted to tell me this morning through His Word and servant Louie. As I think about worship gathering, and praying for the girls that will be attending as well as everyone who will be involved in helping this happen it was really amazing to read what I read this morning. I thought I might share with you some excerpts from the book as well as my own thought added in.

WORSHIP: AS A WAY OF LIFE :By Louie Giglio
Worship is simply about value: The simplest definition I can give is this: Worship is our response to what we value most. That’s why worship is that thing we all do. It’s what we’re all about on any given day. Because worship is about saying “This person, this thing, this experience (this whatever) is what matters most to me…it’s the thing I put first in my life.” Whatever is worth most to you is—you guessed it—what you worship.


Worship tells us what we value most. As a result, worship determines our actions, becoming the driving force for all we do. Worship is the activity of the human soul. So not only do all people worship, but they worship all the time. Worship isn’t just a Sunday thing. It’s all-the-time thing. Right now, all around you, people of all shapes and sizes, people of every age and purpose are worshiping—continually making decisions based on what they value most. Worship happens everywhere…all day long.


In fact, some of the purest forms of worship are found outside the walls of the Church. Just go to a Justin Bieber concert or anything Bieber related and you will see some intense, full-on worshippers. And for what? Granted, Jusin Beiber is talented, and cute for being his age, I was 14 once I get it, Justin Timberlake was my “crush of choice” back in the day, but he’s not a great god. not even close. Yet the worship is phenomenal of this one person, demonstrating the God-given capacity or adoration that is rooted in the soul of every man/woman.


People naturally doing the thing it seems we were all created to do. The compelling question for is, “Why? Why do we crave something to worship? Why are we so insatiably drawn from idol to idol, desperately in need of something to champion, something to exalt, something to adore?


How do we know for sure that some things are more important that others, more worthy of worship? How do we even know that value, beauty, and worth exist? I think it’s because we were deigned that way. We were made for God. The Bible says it this way “All things were made by Him; and all things were created for Him.” Col 1:16

(This is the part that made me leap, and think about RADAINT this Friday) If only we could all comprehend that we’re precious to Him, housing mirrored souls designed to reflect His glory.


As I’m writing (louie not me) I am on a flight home to Atlanta that is climbing high above the Chicago night. Staring out across the horizon, I’m captivated by the thousands of tiny lights dotting the landscape as far as I can see. Countless twinkling stars of earth, hundreds of thousands of beacons of lights. It’s like a sea of little lights—street lights, headlights, house lights, neon lights…all kinds of lights.


And I’m thinking everywhere I see lights, there are people . People everywhere. A sea of humanity. And every single person down there is someone created with amazing potential and purpose. All uniquely fashioned to reflect back to the Creator His beauty and wonder. Each one breathing the air of earth in one accord. Each person given life to give Him praise. And that’s only the view in one direction, looking out over just one city, one state, one continent, one nation. I’m floored . As we jet through the darkened sky, I think of how this earth is home to billions of worshipers, created to light the darkness with stories of who God is…with echoes of all He has done.


Simply put, you and I were made by Him and made for Him. You and I exist for one person alone—to reflect back to God His matchless glory. You were made for a unique relationship with Him. And your life was designed to be a mirror that reflects all the best things about Him to the world around you. Finding our Maker and connecting with His purposes is the one thing we are all seeking.

There are people all around you, too. Today as you work, sit at a lunch table, study in a library, live life, know that there are people everywhere. All these people…do they know their lives have an amazing purpose? Do you?

Comments

Popular Posts