Waiting in the Hands of Grace

For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you,
 "Do not hear; I will help you." - Isaiah 41:13

This post will be short and sweet, but I hope profound.

Personally right  now I am in the process of making some big life decisions, but also waiting on the Lord to reveal whether a certain direction is the next move. 

There are parts of the next few months that are very much in my control, and there are aspects of the next few months that could not be more out of my control.

Moving back to Georgia I had "my" plan set in mind of why I had moved back. 

Right before I left Florida an opportunity came up that I knew I would stupid  not to at least take a leap of faith in. 

I'm being very vague for  reason, in case you're wondering. I want to be vague about these few big decisions for a reason. Maybe you're like me and you are facing some life-changing decisions. Some you can control (to a point) and some you could not be more out-of-control. 

What do you do? 

As I laid in my bed last night, my mind was racing. I felt so anxious about the future. In them midst of my restless I brought my anxious heart to the Lord. I didn't say anything fancy, but it's amazing what just simply acknowledging God in those moments will do in calming the storm raging within us. 

When I closed my eye in hopes to drift off to sleep I felt the Holy Spirit whisper this simple phrase into my heart: "Waiting in the hands of Grace." 

huh? 

The more I thought about last night, and today, the more profound and life-changing those word became. 

Waiting is not something I'm foreign to, but it was the second half that pierced my heart as only God can. Waiting...in the hands of Grace. It was a reminder to my soul that I cannot earn favor. As I wait on the Lord my job is to trust Him. Grace is totally underserved. I don't deserve this opportunity, but more than that, as I wait to see what happens my heart must find rest in the One who does know the outcome.  It's not about what I deserve or don't deserve, it's about His Kingdom! It's ALL about what will bring God the most glory! 

I'll confess, last few weeks I've been a bit paranoid. Afraid that I'm gonna do something to screw up this opportunity for myself. I'm gonna do something stupid and God is going to punish me. It's amazing how quickly I'll drift back into legalistic mentalities and beliefs. 

Thats why I was anxious and nervous. 

God  reminded me that this opportunity is not contingent on my "good behavior", but on His grace and favor. Which I cannot "earn" but can rest assure that I do have. This is about HIM! 

My only job is to trust His heart. 

Everything is "yes" in Christ. So if I get a "no" it's not because God is a bully. It's because he has a better "yes." But if I do get a "yes" then again my job is to rest in His grace, and remain in His love. 

I don't know why it's hard for us to get through our minds sometimes, "we can't earn grace." 

Each year, for the last few years, the Lord has given me a theme or a word for the year. This year, the theme or word(s) seem to be: Hope and Grace. 

I don't know what answers you are waiting on, but I hope you hear the same whisper telling you you're Waiting in the Hands of Grace. 


Don’t be afraid, for I am with you.
    Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
    I will hold you up with my victorious right hand...
For I hold you by your right hand—
    I, the Lord your God.
And I say to you,
    ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.- (Isaiah 41:10,13)

Comments

Popular Posts