Noble Treasure


A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. The heart of her husband trusts in her,
and he will not lack anything good. – Prov. 31:10-11 (NIV;HCSB)

“The Lord bless you, my daughter,” he replied. “This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. And now, my daughter, don’t be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All the people of my town know that you are a woman of noble character.”- Ruth 3:10-11 (NIV)

“The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the Lord.”- Prov. 18:22

My heart just tugs at me tonight, but in the best way possible. Dreams fill my heart, and prayers flow from that place. My heart rests in the truth that my God is Sovereign—he is in complete control and knows everything. He knows what is best. So my heart feels free to come before His throne of grace with dreams.

It took some time, but I feel free to dream again, to hope again. It’s a daily journey learning to lay “my” plans at the feet of Jesus. Surrendering to the fact that life looks NOTHING like what I imagined it would…but yet so many of the desires of my heart are unfolding before me, but in ways I would have never imagined.

There are two words that the Lord began to lay on my heart last week…Noble and Treasure.

Treasure is a word that God continues to pull back the layers on for me. Yes,we are his treasured possession. But the depth of that word is something that I may never get over, in a good way.

To be a treasure means that yes you and I do indeed have great value. God created us and so therefore He, and He alone, gets to define us, and God says we are valuable.

Something is a treasure or cherished because it points to something greater—we are valuable because we too point to something greater—Jesus! But even more than that, something God showed me a few years ago was that even in all our brokenness, all those things we wish were not there, all those cracks and dents that we think make us less valuable are actually the very things that make us so unique and valuable.

I’m personally a fan of anything vintage or shabby chic. What makes vintage or shabby chic furniture so beautiful to me are the imperfections.

One of my favorite shows is Rehab Addict, because what she does is buys homes that are all but ready to be torn down by the city because they are so damaged. But she goes out and buys homes that are in the worst condition you can possibly image and she sees the beauty, and remakes them into some of the most beautiful homes I’ve ever seen. Most of the time though, what makes them so beautiful is that she tries to restore as much of the old home as she can.

It’s all the chipped paint, and uneven stained floors, and old pieces that make it something I love—the home is filled with history. It’s a treasure, because it’s something rare.

That is you, and that is me.

Then there is the word NOBLE.

In Proverbs 31:10 we see that a noble or virtuous woman is hard to find. What I love is that the definition of the word "noble" is actually a military term that means brave or valiant.

Proverbs 31:10-11 are verses that I pray would be true of me and of you--that we would be brave woman of God! I hope and pray that the heart of my husband ,one day, can trust in me…because of the way I lived for the Lord before I even met him. I hope and pray that he can trust me because he knows, I lived that way before him, and by the grace of God, I’ll still seek and desire to be a woman after God’s own heart with him.

It takes a BRAVE (noble) woman to live for God! It really does.

As I look at Prov. 31:10-11...Prov. 18:22 comes to mind. It's this beautiful collision of two words that create an even more breathtaking image. 

As I read those verses I felt the Lord whisper, “noble treasure.”

Ladies, if we fear the Lord and are seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, if we are seeking to live for the glory of God, regardless of were you or I have been we are indeed, noble treasures.

I cannot stress enough of the importance of knowing and believing your worth and value in Jesus Christ. Everything will flow from what you really believe—not what you just say you believe.

Ruth was a woman of noble character. She was indeed a brave woman, and everyone knew because of how she lived her life.

Ruth wasn’t perfect. Ruth had a past. Her heritage was not that of the people of God, but God redeemed her heritage and her life. She is mentioned in the genealogy of Jesus as King David’s great, great grandmother.

She was noble indeed, but oh, what a treasure she was as well.

Same goes for you. Oh daughters of God, please know this, you are indeed a noble treasure. 

It’s a take a real woman to follow Jesus Christ. It takes a real woman to live set apart. It takes a brave woman to run against the current of this world. It does indeed take bravery that only comes with having the Holy Spirit & regardless of your past God wants to use you.

He can restore and redeem all of it. Every crack you wish wasn’t there allows for the light of God to shine through you. 

The very things you wish were not there, makes you like a precious antique that is set up high on a shelf, not just anyone gets to touch it and take it home. It takes a special person to see the beauty and the value. Jesus does, and so do others. Not everyone will, but there are many who will see the beauty God made from ashes that you’d rather hide.

A woman who really seeks to live for God, is indeed hard to find today. So guys, if ya find one, KEEP HER! She is indeed a rare treasure! 

Ladies, I pray with everything in me, you will allow the truth that you are a treasure worth the pursuit of a man who loves Jesus (that should be your checklist…loves Jesus) sink down deep.  
God tells men that a man who finds (aka does the work) a wife finds a treasure, and receives favor from the Lord. 

Ladies, that is you and that is me...if we are seeking to follow hard after Jesus Christ! 

In Jesus, you and I are indeed rare and cherished...

NOBLE TREASURES 

Comments

Popular Posts