That Girl

I had never heard this song until today by R-Swift called "That Girl." I was listening to the Lecrae Radio on Pandora and this song came on. As I listened to the lyrics the woman they were describing was exactly the kind of woman I hope that I am and strive to be. I just loved. I was listening to another song the other day by Beyonce' called "upgrade you" and it some ways this song reminds me of that one. Just in that it's talking being the kind of woman who is catch. Who knows he worth and value in Christ and knows what she brings to the table. She's the kind of woman who can make a man better. But more than anything she's a woman who seeks first the Lord and lives her life for Him and Him alone...everything else is a result of that one goal. What will glorify the Lord? 



Yeah, 
Now we aint talking about your ordinary girl man, 
There’s, there’s something special about this one 
you know what I mean.
I mean she fly on the outside but,
It’s what’s on the inside that counts, right? 
Let’s get it! 

That girl don't walk like the rest of them, 
She don't step out of line because she's reppin’ Him, 
Hair and her nails done right, 
But she had better look when you look at her life. 
She’s unimpressed by things 
Not desperate for a man cuz she bows to a King, 
Past dudes coming at her on the Ave.
But she’s transformed, got dope character to match. 
She walks it out with such class, 
And doesn't put her hope in what she knows won't last, 
So you won’t catch her bent in the club 
Next morning, 
Hung over, 
Can’t remember the club. 
And she aint trying to be a diva 
But she hope you see a change 
Not a frame when you see her 
Still fly, but aint gotta be flawless
Some ladies look good 
But a Godly women is gorgeous 

Hook
From her walk to her talk to her hustle, (so cool)
Everything about her so fly (yes you) 
Cause sister holds it down, 
In and out of town, 
There’s something about this girl
That girl, you girl, 
I see you work, 
Your work, uh huh, 
Cause sister holds it down 
There’s something about that girl

She stays on the A game, 
Glasses, bags in moderation. 
She aint a slave to the fashions. 
But she’s still a model of the light, 
Following what’s right 
Not a slave to her passions. 
Home girl, so thorough, 
Her steps make it obvious,
She’s not of this world.
She don’t chase temporary pleasure 
The moment looks good, 
But eternity is better.
She has no problem being anonymous, 
Knowing that God is glorified through her accomplishments.
She stays shining, not hot in it.
Non-stop!
Cuz she know who she riding with. 
Shorty from the block but sophisticated, 
She’s still on the block but she liberated. 
Ex-diva
Now she’s on that brand new life 
So she’s proud as sheep 

Hook

They say, I’m built a little different,
My shine a little brighter. 
The way my smile glistens,
Means I made it through the fire. 
And I appreciate all the dudes that paved the way, 
Cause iron sharpens iron, 
Now I’m sharper on my game. 
They say behind a good man, 
Stands a great woman. 
But I wouldn't be great, 
If my man wasn’t human. 
He’s taught me how to pray, 
Be a pillar in my home. 
Yo my baby girl is coming 
So I gotta let them know, 
It’s more than being pretty 
Dudes noticing your cloths, 
It’s about a humble heart 
Letting God take control, 
There’s nothing like a women, 
Who can walk with pride. 
A real man gotta hold you down 
So hold your head up high!
Let’s go!

Hook x

Comments

Popular Posts