God's Best? (Part 2)


I certainly wasn't going to write a blog post right before I went to work, but I read a post and at the end I love how this mom defined God's best for her daughter. I guess God has been teaching me a lot about this because for so long I thought I knew what God's best for me was. When in actuality I had NO EARTHLY IDEA! God has shown me and continues to show me that the purpose of marriage is not just to make me happy. Although it will, at times, but the ultimate purpose of marriage is to make me and the man he has for me holy. More like His Son, Jesus! 

Does he need to be a Christian? YES! No questions asked. But as girls we make these lists of our ideal guy and sorry to be the dream crusher but God's best for you may not be "your list" at all. I just keep thinking about this whole idea a lot lately and realizing for years how I was not seeking or desiring for God to put His dreams and desires in my heart. I just wanted him to give me what I wanted, and I assumed if it "looked" godly then it must be God's will for me to have. 

 God's best for you is the person he knows you need. It will look different for every person. Every story will look different. Our God is unique, creative, and the ultimate romantic. God never contradicts his Word, but he also cannot be put in a box. This is the link to the blog I was reading. Below is what this mom said God must ask himself when it came to her daughter, but I also think it applies to all of us who are son's and daughter of the Almighty God. 


Where there is a blank, put your name. 

God probably says something like this to himself, "Who will take care of my daughter,_______, the best?  Who will let ______ be all that she was created to be? Who can benefit from a partnership with _______ the most? Who will let _______ honor me and who will allow ________to serve me, alongside himself? Who can ________ love the deepest? Who will teach _______ what my Bride is to be when the Bridegroom comes for her by living this out in earthly form?"


BLOG: http://leftturns-bburks.blogspot.com/ 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love that God is constantly teaching you and you constantly recognize it.

Popular Posts