Expectation: Passion 2012

There are just those moments when you realize you are in a move of God. I could not believe my eyes when I checked my Twitter and saw that Passion 2012 was SOLD OUT! The Georgia Dome is SOLD OUT PEOPLE for Passion 2012!! Only God!!!

There is so much leading up to this week that is the result of what God has done in my life over the last 2 years since I was at Passion.  For one, my friend Kim ,who I met while on a mission trip to Nicaragua, will be staying at my house (whom I meet in December of 2009) and who has since remained such a dear friend and sister in Christ.

Probably one of the coolest things is that I will be hosting my friend Josh and some of his friends at my house…but that’s not the cool part; although it is pretty awesome and I am excited; it’s the fact that we met at Passion 2 years ago in community groups and now 2 years later he is bringing a group from Florida to my house to go to Passion 2012. Just sayin…only God!

I am also overwhelmed with joy as two of the girls( Casey and Jessie) that were a part of the small group I helped lead at NorthStar Church, before I made the move to FBC Canton to serve with the Girls Ministry there, will be at my house as well because they are going to Passion. (See Casey your name is in my blog now! Happy?! ;)

My uncle and cousin will be there as well, and they attended Passion 2010, and so I am excited to share this experience with some of my family as well! What a gift!  

I have no doubt in my mind that God’s hand is on this week, and I come with great expectation that God is going to blow our minds. What I most hope to get out of this week is: I want to just delight in JESUS! Nothing compares to the presence of the Lord…NOTHING! 

So much of what has happened over that last two years is as a result of attending Passion 2010. It wasn’t so much what God did in that week, but how it was a catalyst in my life that God used to launch me into a next season he had for me.  There really is an anticipation in the air leading up to Passion this year. There is every year, but I think everyone going knows they are about to set foot into something BIG! 
The days leading up to this week remind of white water rafting. That moment when you have made the commitment to get in the raft, and your stomach has all kinds of butterflies because you know that you are about to head into something crazy, adventurous, but so worth the ride. You know from this moment forward you better hold on and listen to your guide! That is kind of how I feel thinking of the moment thousands of people walk  into the Dome on Monday night, Jan 2nd. I'm guessing it will be similar to the moment you sit down in the raft and take off down the river; not knowing where it will lead. One thing I do know is it will be good and glorious, because that is our  God.It's not about getting God in on our story, but us getting in on what He is already doing. God is on the move, and it's our job to step out in faith into the river and go where the Spirit leads.

"Yes, Lord walking in the way of your truth, we wait for you; for your name and your renown are the desires of our souls." Isaiah 26:8


“For no eye as seen, nor ear has heard, nor mind has conceived what God has a planned for those who love Him.” -1 Cor 2:9

:”God can do exceedingly and abundantly  more than we could ask or imagine.” –Eph 3:20 


Comments

Casey :) said…
Yes, i am happy and honored to be in your post !
love you girl :) thanks for the shout out !

Popular Posts