the youth pastor & the girls minister...

I read an article today from youthworker.com about "Why employ a director of girls ministry."  I have a passion for girls' ministry for several reasons, and one of those reasons is to help,support and protect pastors, but also youth pastors.

Having served in leadership in student ministry for going on 7 years now I have seen alot.Not everything, but alot. I remember what it was like to be a teenage girl; It wasn't all that long ago. I remember the way a 17 year old girls mind works...haha. I think the article gave a really good description as to why having a girl on your youth ministry staff is so important. I know for me I want to ,yes,protect my pastor but also my youth pastor. I have seen first hand what can happen when a youth pastor or leader,who is a guy,spends to much time, especially one-on-one with someone of the opposite-sex who is considered a "youth." It hurts his reputation if he is not careful (people talk, sorry but they do) or in some cases I have seen it actually go to far (enough said). I know of situations where the girl had a crush on the cute, young, SINGLE ,youth pastor,and when he didn't return the "feelings" all it took was her making up a story to blow his reputation to pieces.

That might sound extreme but I have seen it happen. So not only do I #1 want to encourage, mentor and disciple a generation of young ladies through the teaching of God's Word. See them enter into a relationship with Jesus Christ and live for his glory, but I also want to help protect our youth pastors.

here is the link to the article "Girls and Guys: Why We Employ a Youth Worker Who Can't Grow a Goatee." http://www.youthworker.com/youth-ministry-resources-ideas/youth-ministry/11581480/

Comments

Popular Posts