Happy Love Day

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!” 1 John 3:1


Happy Valentine’s Day; or as some of my friends like to say:"Happy Single Awareness Day." Calling it “Happy Single Awareness Day” cracks me up because it’s not like you were unaware of your singleness before today! And,unless all you do is talk about is your lack of a valentine, then no one is going to be “aware” you are without one! I say all that to simply say this…You and I are already completely, lavishly, and deeply loved my God. That has to be enough or nothing else will ever make you happy or be able to bring you joy!Allow the love of Christ is satisfy you!

John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”


Isa 43:1 “But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.”


Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”


Eph 3:14-19 “For this reason I kneel before the Father,  from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name.  I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,  so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”

I could keep going with all the verse in Scripture where God declares his love for his Beloved! If you are like me, I grew up in Church hearing “God loves you” my whole life. But it’s not until you truly believe it that the truth of it changes your life. I pray today, single or married ,that you know you are COMPLETEY, WILDLY, and DEEPLY LOVED by God. On a bulletin board in my room I have a clipping out of a magazine that says “HEY! God is wild about you!” Don’t let the people who are bitter today get to you. Be encouraged that you do have a valentines, someone who loves you, Jesus Christ; who loved you enough to die for you! Share that love today; what could be a more perfect day to talk/share/demonstarte the love of Christ then on a day dedicated to demonstrating love! I pray that deep down in your soul today you will believe you are loved, not just know. And maybe, just maybe, if you and I will be still and quite long enough today we will hear the Lord whisper “I love you!”

Comments

Popular Posts