It's what HE does!!!

Hey dear hearts,
I am absolutely in awe of God right now. Don’t get me wrong, I am usually always in awe, but today He swept me off my feet. Doing what only He could do. Without going into too much detail, I got a call today from my dear friend Bricey, and she asked me if I wanted to go with the Pillar Ladies (Girls’ Ministry at First Baptist Canton) on their senior girls beach trip! Everything was paid for already all I had to do was show up and go! Well of course I said YES!!!! I don’t know what God has in store but I know girls’ ministry is part of it!!! I know I am called to girl world, no doubt. I am so excited about this trip and all that God has in store. I am humbled and in awe!!!! Lord, you amaze me! To you be the glory!!!

Now, with all that said I’m going to change tones to talk about something a little less exciting, a broken heart. Have you ever had your heart broken? We all have at some point, and if you haven’t you will (John 14:26; 16-17) tell us.

What ways can we be broken hearted? (I’m going to focus in on more of the romantic side of things right now.)
-Break Up
-Separation/Divorce
-Broken Engagement
-Infidelity.

That kind of broken heart is real. Don’t ever think for a moment God doesn’t care. Allow God to tend to that. Don’t EVER think for a moment that your God doesn’t care about matters of the heart. I know when I was going through a time, oh, 5 or 6 years ago, when i was dealing with not a breakup but the rejection of not being the one he picked. Psalm 147:1-3 are Scriptures that God used in that season to remind me that He was near.

“Praise the Lord. How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise him! The Lord builds up Jerusalem; he gathers the exiles of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”

I love these next couple of verse in Isaiah 61. These next verses are describing Jesus!!

“The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.”

That’s JESUS!! That is our Savior!!! He wants to mend our broken hearts. It's what He came to do!!! It’s what he does!! Once your heart has been broken your life has changed! You’re going to go to the left or to the right but you will have changed!

Beth Moore told a story of her youngest daughter and how she had at one point in her life, gone through a broken engagement. She was broken!!!!! But what Beth said about her daughter, about how she came back from that time of being broken hearted is something I TOTALLY RELATE TO!!! I didn’t have a broken engagement but I'd had my heart broken enough to where I got to this same place!

“Amanda came back with the determination of a lion that Jesus Christ would have to be the incomparable, unparalleled love of her life. And any man was going to have to come in under that umbrella of priority love for her heart to be safe.”

Whatever broke your heart it is legitimate. If you have never gone there with anyone, talked about the pieces of your heart that have been broken, go there with Jesus!!!

“However, the Lord your God would not listen to Balaam but turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loves you.” Deu 23:5

Comments

Popular Posts