I'm doing this because I LOVE YOU.

I love the beach. Not a big fan of sand, but other than that little detail I love it. Last week my dad's side of the family did our annual family beach trip. Twenty three of us in ONE house.Yes, you read that right,23. Luckly we all not only love each other but like each other, so it is always a lot of fun when the McCook's get together;never a dull moment!!

One afternoon I was in the bathroom straitening my hair when my 7 year old cousin gabby came in my room. Well, the room I was sharing with my best friend, sister and her friend..haha. But she came in and wanted to just hang out for a minute. In her words “she needed 15 min of peace.” Hahaha I love kids! I didn’t hear what all she was talking about but what I did hear was this: “I am doing this because I love you.” Right after I heard her say that James 1:2-4 popped in my head...

“Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.” James 1:2-4

Then this morning I was watching Joyce Meyers and she was talking about the same thing. God allows us to go through things to make us more like Christ. At the end of the day that is our purpose. This was the verse that jumped out at me. I have heard it 100 times before but this time as I heard the verses being read all I could hear was “I’m doing this because I love you.”

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me” John 15:1-4

I don’t know about you but sometimes I need a fresh reminder of why I am going through certain things. It’s all about the perspective you take. I needed to be reminded this morning about some of things I had prayed for. God is answering those prayers. Also needed to me reminded IT’S NOT ABOUT ME! At the end of the day it’s all about the glory of God! To know Christ and make Him known! Read the Word, and do the Word. James 1:22 “Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Comments

Popular Posts