Because He Loves You

"But it is because the Lord loves you and is keeping the oath that he swore to your fathers, that the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt." Deu. 7:8

Curled up in my bed, body ready to go to sleep, my mind raised with all the regret that my longing and lack of patience and trust in God, has brought me. 

I thought about one day looking across the  table at the man I would marry someday & having to tell him things that I never thought I'd ever have to say. My aim was to not have regrets in this area of my life. 

But the enemy comes to still, kill & destroy. As much as I'd like to act like I was helpless, there have been times I willingly gave in to what I knew was not God's best. That might not be the answer you want/expect to hear from a "nice Christian girl"--but I didn't always resist. Sometimes I would, and the Lord would truly lift we up on wings like eagles. But there have been times that I gave in to the desires of my flesh without much of a fight. 

But over the years, I've learned that a spotless testimony isn't going to reach a lot of people. Pretending like you've always done everything right and then been rewarded for all your right is not something a lot of people can relate to. Yes, the Lord rewards obedience, but he's also faithful even when we aren't. 

There is a place to share about how faithful God has been to his promises, that as we do our part, He does His. He does what only He can do. 

There is also a place when God is faithful to show us grace, mercy, patience & love. Relentless pursuing our wandering hearts. Drawing us back to himself. Showing that He's the only well that will satisfy. He doesn't ignore our sin, but he doesn't condemn us either. He convicts--drawing us back with kindness. 

Never allow the voices of shame or regret to scream louder than the truth the God does not condemn you! He wants what is best for his kids. He simply wants to take our hand and show us a new way. A better way. Nothing has brought me more peace than when I remind my heart, mind and soul who my God is! 

We've all fallen short of the glory of God & daily need His grace and mercy to wash over us, giving us another opportunity to try again. By trying I don't mean striving in our own power--because we will fail every time. But another day to rest in the Lord, relying on him for strength to walk in obedience. 

The enemy wants to still, kill & destroy your influence, your testimony. Make you feel like God can't use you now & that's not true. What the enemy meant to harm--God will redeem & turn it back on the enemies head. Using it for the saving of many lives. 

Wherever you find yourself today, know that no matter what you've done, where you've been, God can & will use you for His glory. 

My favorite word picture to describe this is the imagine of a vase that has been broken and put back together. You can still see all the cracks and lines that are the result of it haven been broken & pieced back together. But, if you put a candle in that vase & light it, the light will shine through those cracks. Those things that maybe the vase wish weren't there. Cracks that weren't part of it originally. Those cracks allow for the light to shine through now.

Rest in God goodness today. 
Rest in His faithfulness
Rest in the Lord's Kindness

He loves you. 


Comments

Popular Posts