Let God Handle It


 “Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God!"- Luke 1:30

It was not Mary’s job to convince Joseph that what had been conceived in her was from the Holy Spirit.

There were going to be people who questioned her ,thought she was crazy, lying, deceptive, manipulating…oh the list could go on. Can you imagine the things that were probably whispered about Mary behind her back?

Not only what are strangers, family, and “friends” going to be talking about her, but what is her Joseph going to think?

Obviously we see he wanted to get ride of her…that’s what he thought. He wanted to make it as painless for her as possible, but either way he knew he had to part ways with her. There was no way she was telling the truth.

Whenever I find myself anxious about making a decision and what others are going to think about that decision the Lord reminds me of Mary and Joseph.

Mary was obedient and left Joseph to God.

God made sure that Joseph got the message that Mary was indeed telling the truth. That the baby she was caring was indeed  from God.

Most likely this is not your story exactly, but how many of us have dreams or visions that God has given us, but when we tell me people they think we are crazy. Or maybe you have told people and they question you motives. They think there is no way in the world that you what you’re desiring is from God…your making it up to cover up something else.

That’s what happened to Mary. She knew the truth…but that doesn’t mean that everyone else believed her.

Mary had Joseph on her side, once God made it clear to him that she was indeed telling the truth, but that still doesn’t mean that everyone else believed her.

Tonight as I think about a particular decision I am having to make—the fears of what others will say and think is overwhelming! What are they going to say, or think of me? People are going to think all the rumors are true; that I was just trying to move there I could go on and on with the fears of what are others going to say or think if I make this decision…but as I laid down to night praying that God would help me make the best decision—any of my choices would be good choices but what is the best? I didn’t need to see every step but I did need to know which way to at least start walking.

Then as I laid down the story of Mary and Joseph came to mind.

Starting with what the Angel said when me greeted Mary, “Fear not, for you have found favor with the Lord.”

Mary didn’t know yet what the Angel was going to say to her, or ask of her, but I began to think that Mary most likely had many fears…who would blame her…but that the truth she had found favor with the Lord would calm those fears.

I’m not really paying too much attention to spelling, grammar, or punctuation in this. I just wanted to get the thoughts that are raising through my heart and mind tonight down before they go away.

I keep having this same statement repeated over and over again in my heart tonight, “It was not her job to convince people that what God had birthed in her was indeed from Him.”

God provided support in Joseph, Elizabeth and Zachariah—God will provide the support system we need. But, we can’t expect EVERYONE to be on board. There are some people who will see it in hinge-sight, but until then are we more concerned with pleasing people are pleasing God. 

God will never lead us to do something that contradicts His Word!!! But, when we know His ways, which we discover in His Word, he will lead up in His will. That doesn’t mean however that everyone is going to be in agreement, or that everyone will understand.

I don’t know if you’ve ever had your motives questioned before but that is what I’m afraid of, and having to give over to God. Testing my motives to make sure I’m leaning toward this decision for the right reasons, and if I come to the honest conclusions before the Lord that I am, I’ve got to trust Him with everyone else who might question me.


Maybe you’re facing something similar. Maybe you too feel God calling you to do something but know that not everyone is going to be 100% behind you in the beginning. Well, I pray the Lord would encourage you as He did me tonight with these words:

“It’s not you’re job to convince him, or them, its your job to be obedient to Me, and leave them to Me.”

Let God Handle Them (whoever your ‘them’ is). 

You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”- Luke 1:45

Comments

Popular Posts