Food for Thought

"It's not our job to worry about the outcome. It's your job to walk in obedience." -Steven Furtick 


I'm the worst at trying to convince everyone that the dream, desire, idea, vision...etc God has given me is indeed from Him.

But, it was not Mary's job to convince Joseph that what had be conceived in her was of the Holy Spirit. 

Now I am by no means  equating the birth of Christ to our dreams, visions and desires!!! Please don't hear that! I need you to think deeper--metaphorically! Like Mary, maybe God has birthed something in you--a dream, a calling, a vision. But with that may come people who don't believe you.

Now, we'll have our cheerleaders! Like Mary we will have our Elizabeth's and Zechariah's who will understand and be supportive! Those who are in our corner from the start to the finish!!!

Then we will have others who will talk about us behind our backs, calls us every name under the sun (the haters) no matter what you do. Friendamies (friend to your face, but really they're just trying to keep those that threaten those close). There are always going to be people like that your whole life. Not being negative. Just the truth. I've yet to met someone that everyone...i mean EVERYONE has ALWAYS liked them. But in this context, I'm talking about people who are not going to understand or support the dream or vision God has given you--no matter how hard you try. Got to let those people go.


Then we have the Joseph's--people who will catch on eventually. It will take some time and convincing...but not convincing that needs to done by you or I.  We don't do the convincing--which in my experience only makes things worse--but allow God to do the convincing. Pray for them, but allow God to work on their hearts as you walk in obedience.

God sent an Angel to Joseph to confirm that Mary was indeed telling the truth--that what was conceived in her was indeed of the Holy Spirit--Joseph didn't need to question her anymore.

Most likely God will not send an Angel of the Lord to your person(s), but God knows when and how best to get someone's attention...lets just say that.


 I don't know about you, but that is such a great reminder to a people-pleaser  like myself. There are some people, no matter what I do, I will never please. They will never understand...so I mid-as-well just let it go. There are others who are going to ride the wave with me. Who will stand shoulder to shoulder in faith and believe God along side me--people who believe, support and love me. Then there are others, who may be a tad skeptical in the beginning, but in due time (with God's help alone) will also jump on and ride the wave with me. Those very people who may need "an angel of the Lord"per-say may actually end up being some of your biggest supporter.

 "Stop trying to convince people!"

Be obedient and leave the consequence to God. I always laugh when I read the story of May and Joseph because the story reads as though Joseph was the furthest things from Mary's mind. Joseph on the other hand, was in a dead sweat trying to figure out how to "divorce" Mary. I'm pretty sure he thought she was crazy or lying or maybe a little of both.  While Mary busy being obedient, God took care of changing Joseph's heart. 

Comments

Popular Posts