One Beautiful Mystery

I'm getting use to the fact that my new picture frame is whatever God wants it to be.

I'm writing this post on my iPhone while waiting to get my oil changed as we speak. Inspiration can strike whenever I guess.

But It's still hard to wrap my mind around what God is doing. But I guess that's kinda the point. And man, is he doing a lot of it fast.

For some reason the last few weeks I've been more worried about what will be people think. I wasn't at First Bap. Canton 5 min and now I'm leaving? It was during a message I heard about Jacob and Esau that I began to see the "Jacob" in me. The "a heal  grabber" in my own heart. I didn't want to let go of all I had been apart of the last two 1/2 years. Being apart of a team God used to birth a girls conference, and a worship night--I didn't want to walk away from all God was doing. But, First Baptist wasn't the only place that God was moving.

God had called me to girls ministry right? Yes and no. Jesus called me to himself, and to follow were be leads. As long as there are girls there is opportunity for "girls ministry." I was learning to stop trying to put God and ministry in a box. You can't always compartmentalize things.My goal was to glorify God. 


My life for the last 20 years looked pretty much the same. I had a few bumps here and there like most people. Life had not left me scarless, but I'd lived in the same house since I was 5 years-old. Even though my parents were divorced my dad had been in the same place for the last 14 years. I'm not someone who doesn't like change. Actually I'm the opposite, it doesn't really bother me. I find it exciting--depending on what it is. But most things are exciting to me. But there is something about so much change (good change) so fast that has left my head kinda spinning.

I'd felt the HolySpirit whispering to my heart sometime back in July the word, "new." Didn't really know what all that meant, but in time I began to see. It wasn't  just me He was talking about...

The Lord was doing a new thing in many people's lives. At the time it didn't seem like God was doing a "new" thing in my life. Everyone else, yes, but not mine. But before I could blink God opened a door to a new season that was above and beyond what I could imagine. The new season is still very new, but it's exciting.

But it's all the "new" all around. New beginnings. The Lord was "making a way in the wilderness. Streams of water in the wasteland. Couldn't I see it? He was doing a new thing."

Trying to wrap my mind around it all will probably never fully happen. It'll take time to to adjust to all the change--the good change--that God is bringing about.

Just the other day I overheard my cousin Matt talking to the youth pastor as my church/work. He was just commenting about how much life was in the office now (We'd added a few more staff and everyone was in the office that particular Friday). Justin just commented, "it's a new season."

God is so good. Little by little I'm learning  I'm just not  figure it all out. That's part of this wild adventure we are on with Jesus! He's very unpredictable. In some ways He is predictable but in others....he is still one beautiful mystery.


"The sun comes up its a new day dawning. Time to sing our song again..." 

Comments

Popular Posts