Return To Your Rest


I sat there waiting for it to hurt. I know that may sound weird. But, I was surprised at how quickly I was over the whole thing. In  just the last few days I have really experienced what it means to have something redeemed- restored to its original intent. My eyes once again see the situation the way I did over a year ago. I needed to go through what I went through, but I find myself  simply laughing the last few nights as I  sit, waiting, expecting it to hurt at some point…and it doesn’t. The hurt and pain of rejection don’t come. I guess because I don’t feel that I was. I learned so much over the last year and half. I learned to know what it is to discern the voice of God, be led of the Spirit. I have learn to see his hand in every little detail. Throughout this last year, God has blown my mind with how he has guided me, loved me and out of that love disciplined me, pursued me, taught me, quitted me, challenged me, and fought for me.

When I prayed God would move mountains I did not expect an earthquake. But, the Lord heard my cries for mercy, and saw my tears and came to my rescue. He moved heaven and earth for His little girl. I smiled as I read Ps 116 last night and it so simply summed up what I needed to do now in this situation.

Ps 116:1-9
“I love the Lord because He has heard 
my appeal for mercy.
2 Because He has turned His ear to me, 
I will call [out to Him] as long as I live. 

3 The ropes of death were wrapped around me, 
and the torments of Sheol overcame me; 
I encountered trouble and sorrow.
4 Then I called on the name of Yahweh: 
"Yahweh, save me!" 

5 The Lord is gracious and righteous; 
our God is compassionate. 
6 The Lord guards the inexperienced; 
I was helpless, and He saved me. 
7 Return to your rest, my soul, 
for the Lord has been good to you. 
8 For You, [Lord,] rescued me from death, 
my eyes from tears, 
my feet from stumbling. 
9 I will walk before the Lord 
in the land of the living.”

But Ps 116:7 is what jumped off the page: 
“Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.” 

God heard my cries and in his grace and mercy answered my prayers as to why everything went down the way it did 5 months ago, and come to find out not only did he hear my cries about that moment, but the Lord restored the friendship to the way it was over a year ago. God took a rewind button, pushed it and restored and redeemed. He heard every cry and ever prayers and made things right. So my soul can now return to being at rest, because God took care of what had been troubling my heart for so long.

So thankful to the Lord and full of His peace that surpasses understanding. I really do feel now that I can move on. There was closure and I am so thankful the Lord had mercy on me and in His grace did something he did not have to do--let me know what happened & give me an opportunity to say what I wanted and needed to say.

When I asked God to move mountains in this friendship—I didn’t think that meant he would shake things up the way he did. I have since learned that when asking God in faith to move mountains don’t be surprised if there is an earthquake. For that particular mountain I was praying to move some others things and people got shaken up in the process. But, to shake things up is not a bad thing.

This particular friendship is a gift from God if not in the way I thought…it was and still is a gift from Him. I have learned so much through everything over the last year, but most importantly I have learned that my God see’s me and hears m, and comes to my rescue. He fights for me. He loves me, and wants what is best for me. He will not let anyone come before Him, but that is because He knows I was made FOR HIM and so unless he is the King on the throne of my heart I will not be all I was created to be. He has a plan that is way better than anything I could or ever will dream up for myself. I have been settling for so much less than God’s best.

My soul could not be more at rest and at peace. I laugh at the situation, but it is because I finally am beginning to grasp a little bit of my worth and value in Christ and realizing…and what seems like rejection is God’s protection. God knows so much better than I do. He knows what is best for me and in His stubborn love for me will not let me settle for less so my heart is finally at rest. 


"Let Me [God] Dream For You." - Bethany Dillon

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish I had known you had been in pain 5 months ago so I could have been there for you. Love you brittney. <3 You truly are a Proverbs 31 woman.

Popular Posts