Stars in the Sky

I feel like it has been forever since I sat down to write on here. I have been writing...just not blogging. But just this evening I am back home from a much needed trip to the beach with my family. I was surprised at how inspired a week at the beach was for me. I didn't bring my laptop on purpose, but thank goodness I had my iTouch, because I could not type fast enough all that was coming out of me. A friend of mine sent me the sweetest text during the week, she said "I am praying for peace, renewal, and revelation" and man did those three things happen. A lot of what I wrote I don't feel led to  put on here, but there is something that I wrote last night that even as I was writing it i couldn't wait to put it on here to share! So, the moment I got home (after some coffee and relaxing) I grabbed my laptop and thought I might share with you what I wrote-- simply what was  on my heart and mind last night! God is so good!


"Take the sun, take the moon, take the earth and watch it move under Your control, cause your all they know. Here's my life and all my heart. I give it all, Lord every part is under your control, Lord your all I know. The  Stars in the sky will hang there til' You tell them to. The faith in my heart will still sing of what Your love can do. And even when life weighs heavy on me Lord you're in control and you're all I need. The stars in the sky will hang there until you tell them too. Take the sea, take the tide, take the waters watch em' rise giving praise to You, always praising You. Here's my voice and all my soul singing freely to you alone, giving praise to you, Lord I'm praising you. The stars in the sky will hang there til' you tell them to. The faith in my heart will still sing of what your love can do. And even life weighs heavy on me, Lord you're in control and you're all I need. The stars in the sky will hang there til' you tell them to. The clouds will rain, the seasons change, cause you told them to, the sun will shine burning light, cause you told it to, when you speak your words fill my soul, so I know it's true. Your in control, You're in control, You're in control. The stars in the sky will hang there til' you tell them to. - Kari Jobe "Stars in the Sky" 


It is the last night at the beach with my family and man has it been a much needed week just to get away! As I sit by the pool looking up at the stars tonight I was listening to the song "Stars in the Sky" by Kari Jobe. With the stars twinkling above me and the sound of the ocean crashing behind me it was the perfect song. Right after I finished listening to it I simply looked up and said "Lord, this is the hardest thing I have walked through!" (Referring to the season I am in right now. No, I am not talking about being single, I am talking about something personal that I am walking through with the Lord.) Just then I looked up and saw a shooting star!!!! 

In that moment I was reminded of the words in the song I had just finished listening to. I was reminded that my God can move mountains. A star does not fall that He is not completely in control! Nothing happens without His okay! The same God that holds the stars in the sky is the same one that allows them to fall or shoot across the night sky. The stars in the sky will hang there until He tells them to do something else. He is in control. 

As I hear the ocean crashing behind me, giving constant praise to it's creator, my creator--The Creator--it is rising to praise. It never stops. No matter the season...it still rises to praise. 

This whole week there seems to be one theme that God has been trying ,and successfully might I add, getting across to me: SURRENDER! To just let go! I have had the chance this week to do a lot of writing, and praying! What I felt the Lord was showing me and telling me was "Surrender does not mean that I am going to take anything from you. I want to get things in their rightful place so I can give something to you." He wants surrender so that He can take His rightful place in my life, and have everything and everyone else in theirs. The LORD will not compete! Who is like our God? NO ONE or NOTHING! 

I bought a book before I went to the beach titled "Anything" by Jeanie Allen, and I read it three days! COULD. NOT. PUT. IT. DOWN! Basically the book can be summed up in one word: Surrender! Most of the time we are scared to surrender because we think God is going to take, when really he wants to only give...not a take! He GAVE his one and only Son! God is completely in control, and if we would only learn to just let go and let God we would see that He is in complete control and that we can trust His heart!

 If you and I would just let go of the death grip we have on our (friends, family, and future) and just give it or them all over to God we may just see that was all He was waiting on; waiting on you and I to simply....surrender, and let HIM be GOD!


Comments

Popular Posts