Had Plans...


Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails- Prov 19:21


What a week!! I don’t if anyone else feels the same way I do, but MAN,am I glad it is Friday!!! If there is one thing I have learned this week it is this: “many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purposes that prevails.” When I tell you that NOTHING went as “planned” this week I mean nothing went at planned. Not one thing I had scheduled on my calendar to do actually happened (other than work,but even when I got there nothing went as planned). But, this is the beautiful thing it all really did work out for the best. The LORD’s purposes prevailed…not Brittney’s. I had all these plans of what “I” wanted to do this week but the Lord had other plans. Even like this morning I was suppose to meet a friend for breakfast, but she canceled last minute. I was already running a tad late so I knew I wasn’t going to have time for my quite time that morning, and my mom had brought me McDonald’s breakfast that morning and I was planning on just saving it for maybe lunch or something since I was going to breakfast, but then when my friend canceled I just smiled and thought well I guess I will have McDonald’s and my quite time after all.

Even last week was a week of things, again, “I” had planned or wanted to happen falling through only for something better to come of it! Don’t get me wrong there is nothing wrong with making plans, but we have to learn to be okay when things don’t go according to plan or when things happen not on “our” time table, or how “we” would like them to have happened or unfolded. Rick Warren made a simple yet profound statement in his book The Purpose Driven Life. He says: “It’s not about you!!!”

No matter how many times I hear it, it’s always a fresh reminder that it’s not about me and that the Lord is the one who holds time in His hands, and He is the one who knows the plans He has for me. I can go right ahead and make all the plans I want, but ultimately His plan is the one that will prevail. So maybe instead of getting frustrated when things don't go according to plan or according to schedule trust that the Lord had a good reason for canceling “your” plans, or maybe just interrupting "your"plans…because he had something MUCH BETTER in store.

I was talking with a friend of mine of the phone this week and he said something along these lines: “I have found that sometimes when things are not as planned out that is when you make memories in my opinion.” SO TRUE! Now there will be times when things will go “as planned,” but we also need to learn to be okay when they don’t!  Life wouldn’t be an adventure if EVERYTHING “we” planned happened according to plan.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.- Jer 29:11-13 (emphasis mine)

The Lord knows the plans HE has for you. Trust that HIS plan is ALWAYS better! 

Comments

Popular Posts