Take My Hand

 Send me a sign of your favor- Ps 86:17

Every time I hear this song I immediately think back to the moment when I was 18 years old that changed my life forever. Louie Giglio asked the question: "do you want to know the purpose for your life? It's to live for the glory of God. " From that moment forward the desire to live a life for the glory of Jesus Christ has been my heartbeat. But, I also remember 2 months after that, and for about the next 4 years that followed would be some of the hardest and most difficult seasons I have ever walked through with the Lord. Being on the other side of so much of that now I am  seeing how God is using some of my deepest pains, and misery for ministry; but, also using some of my  most joyful moments today to show his faithfulness. 

As I listen to the lyrics to this song and reflect on where God and I have been, and the many more adventures yet ahead I can' help but sit with my head lend back and say to the Lord: "I know you called me to do this. I know you called my life out. Lord, you have walked with me through everything and have always showed yourself faithful. Help me to trust you now, once again, as you are calling me out into the waves and the wind of faith. Help me fix my eyes on you. As long as you take my hand, and it is you I am holding onto and you whom I am fixated on...It will all be okay. I will be okay. 

Comments

Popular Posts