Dear Younger Self:

Well, we are 16 days away from the Pillars Girls Conference. I could not be more excited! I was just sitting here working on some more of my breakout message, and thinking that the closing might just be my favorite part. I know that sounds bad, but here is why! I wrote a letter, as part of the talk, as if were writing to my younger self. The breakout is titled "Dear Younger Self" so it fits, I'm not just weird, and I am so excited that I just wanted to share it. Looking back what do you know now that you wish you knew when you were younger?


Dear younger self:

       Your greatest desire is Jesus not romance. Do not worry so much about when, where and who God has. Do not fret when you see all your friends’ facebook status’ changing to relationships or engaged. Do not fret. Trust in the Lord and his faithfulness that he knows the plans he has for you. He is in complete control. Use this gift of time for the glory of God. Go where he sends you. Go and DO SOME GOOD for His Kingdom. Delight and seek first the Lord he will become the love of your life and better than any earthly romance you could ever have. He will satisfy your heart, mind and soul. He knows the desires of our heart, for he put them there, but keep looking to Him, even when its hard and even when everything in your flesh screams to FORGET IT, keep seeking, keep delighting, keep hoping in the Lord, and He WILL give you the desires of your heart. He will give you more than could ever dream of. You can’t out dream God. Commit your life to Him. Surrender it all and trust His heart for you. He only has good in store. Be still and wait. I know it will be hard, but it will be worth it. Again, stop looking around at all your friends; repent of the jealousy, anger and worry. He knows what He is doing! Put your hope in the Lord. He will do what he says! You have NO IDEA what God has in store, so  don’t keeping looking around at what everyone else has that you think you want right now.God has something amazing in store, all you need to do is love him, and believe him. He has not forgotten. He knows the longing. He understands the ache in your heart for an earthly love story. He knows your desire to be apart of a grand adventure, to be a man’s helpmate in helping further the Kingdom. He knows how deep that desire runs. He created you. He put it there. That desire is of Him! Just wait…though it linger…it will not delay!

Comments

beloved4511 said…
Thank you. I liked this a lot and God spoke to my heart through it :)

Popular Posts