268 Generation

“Yes Lord, walking in the way of your truth, we wait for you. For your name, and your renown are the desire of our souls” Isaiah 26:8
I was very surprised by a comment one of my girls made this week. I had a total of 12 people in my house this week. 10 of them were guests. We were all going to Passion 2012 in Atlanta that week, and since I live (without traffic) about 30 min from the Dome I was more than happy to open up my home to my friends so they had a place to stay for Passion.

One of the girls, made a comment to me that I can’t get out my head; she said: “You are perfect.” I just laughed and said “NO I AM NOT!!!” She was referring to the fact that two of our house guests were boys, and the fact that I didn’t have them down stair sleeping near me or even in my room. She said “Well, you are compared to the world.” Again, I told her no I am not. My friend Kim chimed in and said: “for all have fallen short of the glory of God!” She them said “okay, you can see your fruit!” We all giggled and I just said “thank you.”

As I was talking with my friend Kim about it, I told her it never would have occurred to me to put them anywhere else except upstairs. Now, I am not very naïve’ but in this case I saw how very naïve’ I am about how different the choices I make are in comparison to the world’s. Don’t get me wrong I know that my life should look different, but I don’t really think too much about it until someone says something.

John Piper said something in his message at Passion 2012 “Freedom in Christ is when you do what you want, but what you want to do is in line with God’s will. Therefore you are doing what God wants you to do, but it is always what you want to do. Your desires change when you have a relationship (A REAL) relationship with Jesus Christ. It’s not about a decision you made, but it’s about your desires." Not that you will get it right ALL the time, but you WANT to live for the glory of God. Therefore, you WANT to do things that will bring Him glory. No one makes you, you WANT to! That is the best way I can describe it.

Why wait on God? Because I want to

Why open up your home (well my mom’s, but mine none the less-I live there)? Because I want to

Why dress modestly? Because I want to

Why do you read your Bible and pray? Because I want to!

I feel I am naïve’ in the since that I have seemed to think that for the longest times girls knew what it meant to live a life of purity, to wait on the Lord for His best and live for his glory; they just chose not to. But, that night as I rolled over it occurred to me: some girls do not know how to live any other way than the way of the world (even Christians), because they don’t see anything different.

Never thought having two guys sleeping upstairs would bring about such a revelation, but it did! It’s those moments that the Lord uses to pour gasoline on the fire in my soul that burns for His name and renown! I share it all the time, but at 18 years old I wanted to live my life for the glory of God in everything I do! Have I walked that out perfectly ( NO, absolutely not!), but it has always been and will continue to be the deepest desire of my soul to know Christ and make Him known in my generation. To fall more and more in love with Jesus and live a life that brings my King and Lord glory, honor and praise!

It reminds me of the quote from Kisses from Katie “I didn’t think I was doing anything that different, just what God had told me to do.”

This week was absolutely an amazing week of raising the banner of FREEDOM!! Lifting up the name of Jesus, and being a voice for those who don’t have one; the men, women, and children (27 Million) who are in slavery all over the world!!! Our lives should look different…and we should want them to!






Comments

Casey said…
LOVE LOVE LOVE that i can inspire you to write this post out of my character haha.
I def. can see your fruit Brittany. Thank you for being such a great role model to me.
Love You always.

Popular Posts