Never Once

“I will never leave you nor forsake you.” Joshua 1:5


“God said, never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The LORD is my helper I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” Heb 13:5

I can’t help but be filled with such hope, gratefulness, and expectation as I listen to this son,g "Never Once" by: Matt Redman. It is one of those songs that as I have it blaring in my headphones tears of joy run down my cheeks as I think about the thread of God’s faithfulness throughout my life. I am defiantly in a season where I am on the mountain top, but keeping my knees to the ground on this battlefield knowing that without Christ none of it is possible or has any worth; the victory is His alone. I certainly don’t deserve the favor and blessings the LORD is pouring out, but then that is the beauty of grace. In my soul I can't help but just sit back and just breathe in His grace and in return breathe out praise!

As I was listening to this song over, and over again last night my mind was racing with images of the hard and good times the LORD has walked with me through. It was such a great reminder that every moment of my life the LORD was right there. Never has he left my side. Hopefully some of you who read this who are a little bit older can wrap your mind around what I am about to say; I know 25 is not old, but there are certain things that when I was 18 or 19 I thought I would have by this age, one of those being a husband. But, over the years what the LORD has come to show me about the beauty of this single season I am in is just that...the beauty in it. Some people, I have found, enter into a relationships because they have a fear of being alone. That is not a reason to get into a relationship. What I love about this song is that it is declaring the truth that even though maybe right now you don’t have someone physically beside you, or calling/texting you every night, but  if you are in Christ; you are NEVER ,for a minute, alone. I remember telling my dad one time that I have had times when I felt “lonely” but, since I have walked with Christ I have never once felt “alone.”

I hope in some way, if you find yourself single (no matter your age) at a time when you “in your mind” didn’t think you would be...remember that never once are you alone. I tell girls ALL THE TIME that until you are satisfied in Christ alone a relationship is the last thing you should be worried about. I am not saying that waiting on God is easy, but BOY is the reward about more than we can take! Even though I am not married yet as I listen to this song I think about that moment ,whenever it will be, that I walk down aisle to my groom; standing on that mountain top of a moment looking back at how far we have both come individually as well as together in our walk with the LORD. Knowing that every step of the way He was with us. Knowing that troubles are still going to come “for better OR worse, rich OR poor, sickness AND health," but knowing that even in the ups and downs of life we can know for certain that never once will we EVER walk alone. Never have we up to this point nor will be after walk alone.

Then I think about the Pillars Conference http://www.pillarsgirlsconference.com/ that is coming up in Feb, and how God has so sovereignly orchestrated every step and meeting I am in awe. I feel like my life has been in high gear since about December with this out pouring of favor and blessing. Now, there have still been difficulties; I am not detached from relaity. I certainly have not been living on a cloud for the last 6 months, but overall I feel as though I a mountain top looking back, along with about 20+ other people, who are involved with Pillars kneeling on this battleground knowing that the victory is Christ's alone, and just breathing in grace and breathing out praise.

My prayers is that as you listen to this song you will sit back and allow the Holy Spirit to bring to your remembrance all that God has said and done (Jn 14:26). That you will be comforted by the simple, yet powerful truth ,that NEVER ONCE have you EVER walked alone! NEVER ONCE has he left you on your own. Whether you find yourself in the valley or the mountain top HE IS THERE!

“Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.” Ps 139:7-

Never Once: By Matt Redman

Comments

Popular Posts