The Secret Place

"So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then He took one of his ribs and closed up the flesh at that place. The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man." Gen 2:21-22 (NASV)

I AM ELATED!!! God's Word is alive and active & and I so grateful and excited that tonight the Lord gave me fresh eyes to see some portions of Scripture in a way I had never seen them before. Little details I never noticed. I wasn't even planning  on reading this or wasn't even thinking about this particular topic, but as I read it all just started to overflow...As I was reading the last part of verse 22 in Gen 2, it became 3D.

The LORD God fashioned into a woman the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.” If you keep reading it seems as though Adam was already a wake when the LORD brought Eve to Adam. Almost as if He took the rib out of Adam, closed up the flesh and then he woke up-- but God had taken the rib to a secret place to form and fashion Eve for Adam. When I look at Adam's reaction it is almost as though he had NO IDEA what God was up to. He was busy doing what God has given him to do. He was naming the animals, and taking care of the garden that God has given him, but God was off forming and fashioning a women who would be his helper in what God had given him to do.

“My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place.” Ps 139:15

The first face Eve saw was not Adam’s but God’s. It doesn’t say how long it was from the time God took the rib out of Adam to the time the LORD brought Eve to him. Adam, up to this point has had some one-on-one time with the Lord; for a period of time there was just Adam and God, no Eve. So I wonder, maybe there was some time before Eve was brought to Adam, that was just Eve and God, no Adam?

“Now Isaac had come from Beer Lahai Roi, for he was living in the Negev. He went out to the field one evening to meditate, and as he looked up, he saw camels approaching. Rebekah also looked up and saw Isaac. She got down from her camel and asked the servant, “Who is that man in the field coming to meet us?” “He is my master,” the servant answered. So she took her veil and covered herself. Then the servant told Isaac all he had done. Isaac brought her into the tent of his mother Sarah, and he married Rebekah…” Gen 24:62-67 (emphasis mine)

Translation: "He is my master" -That is your future husband- SIDE NOTE ;)

We see the same idea in the story of Isaac and Rebekah. Rebekah was brought to Isaac, Isaac didn’t go chase her down, and she didn’t chase him down the Lord brought them together....they were both serving doing what the Lord had called them to do, where He placed them to do it, and in his way and time he brought them together. The Lord used Abraham and his servant to do it, but God worked out the details. God may use people,circumstance,events...etc whatever to get the two of you in the same place or room, but God is the one doing the orchestrating, leading and guiding the whole time. 

I share all that just to say that no matter what season of life we are in, to TRUST THE LORD, PERIOD! What I love about both stories is that both men were busy doing what God had put in front of them to do, in the Lord's time and way he opened their eyes to see the woman He had  brought to them. The woman needed to have her own time alone with the Lord. She needed to be crafted and fashioned, and have her own personal relationship with the LORD before she could come along side the man God had  for her and be his helper. She had to first have a time of being taken into the "secret place" and it just be her and God.

The servant in Gen 24 had to tell Isaac what had happened.  He had to fill Isaac in on why Rebekah was even there in the first place. It says once he was filled in and informed that this was the women the Lord had for him to marry, he went and married her. He must have had no idea that his earthly father and Heavenly Father had been working behind the scenes. I like that, I love the idea and truth that my God is working even when I don’t see it. In Gen 24 we also see that “Isaac looked up…” “Rebekah also looked up…” Let the word ALSO jump off the page; at the same time they both looked up. TIMING! God was working to have them both ready at the same time, but they had to have eyes fixed on the Lord to know when to "look up."

Why this is flowing from me with such excitement, I honestly have no idea. I can’t explain other than the Lord Jesus, but my heart it just overflowing with joy and trust in my faithful and loving God who goes before me and shields my way. He is able to keep that which we have entrusted to him. He does not for a second forget the desires of our hearts, so we need not fret! God is working, and his timing is perfect! We just have to trust that Lord is who he says He is, and can and will do what He says He will do! He is ever faithful and good. Even as I write this I can almost imagine God grinning and saying, you have no idea the plans I have for you. They are so good!

"No eyes has seen, no ear has heard,
no mind has conceive what God has planned
for those who love Him" 1 Cor 2:9



Comments

Popular Posts