We are...A Chosen Generation

 "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" Esther 4:14


Maybe it's because I have been preparing for this summers girl week at camp, or the fact that I am stepping out in faith and seeing God just do more than my mind could have dreamed, but this verse is just piercing my heart all over again these days; in a good way. As I read is over and over again, the portion that says “and who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?” makes me think of my identity in Christ as His daughter, a co-heir, apart of a royal priesthood, chosen and beloved. I was chosen to be in this generation..to be born when and where I was, to go through the things I did, to grow up the way I did, nothing happened out of God's control, all my days were appointed for me…and I look at the desires, passion, and dreams God has put in my heart...followed by opportunities, and all I can think is “I have come into a royal position for such a time as this.  I look at the times we are in, and all that is going on around us and it is not an accident that you and I were chosen for this generation to shine.

The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything. Rather, he himself gives everyone life and breath and everything else. From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.  God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. ‘For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.” Acts 17:26


 “Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.”Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.” Phili 2:14-15

We truly are a chosen generation….we have been chosen and called by God for such a time as this. There is a challenge at the beginning of vs 14 “for if you remain silent at this time, deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish…” When I read that it challenges me to tell others about Jesus and shine for Him in my generation; to fulfill my God given destiny. I think of what speaker/author Marian Jordan said when she felt the Lord calling her to write a book…her first response was “God, you have GOT to kidding me…ME?” She kept ignoring it, but finally as she sat on the front row of her Church she felt the Lord say to her “I can get somebody else.” That’s when she said “I do not want to forsake my inheritance. Yes Lord, I will do it.”

Same goes for you and I. In Christ we are apart of a royal priesthood; created, and called to shine for the glory of God in this generation. A portions of  vs. 14 that I love is when Mordecai says “and who knows…” that isn't the most comforting thing to hear…that is not how I want to receive a call… “who knows, maybe the Lord is with you.” But it is a call to faith. Sometimes we are not going to have all the answers, or always be 100% on ever decision. Sometimes you and I just have to step out in faith and GO! But, one thing I do know even if I don’t know all the answers right now…I do know on the authority of God’s Word, I have come into a royal priesthood, and am apart of a chosen generation for SUCH A TIME AS THIS! To be used of God to tell others about The Lord and my Lord Jesus Christ, The Son of God,Prince of Peace, Savior of the World who came to set the captives free! That does not always mean you or I will stand in a pulpit...whatever sphere of influence He has you in shine for Him there. Louie Giglio told a story of guy in China who was about to graduate college and got a job at a golf course and he said that is goal was to have the best greens, and to bring glory to Jesus Christ through that! That is a guy who gets it.  Beth Moore said once "God knows banking..." We need to look at the gifts,talents, and passions God has given us and leverage those for His glory!

Sorry if I am coming on a little strong. I am preachin' to myself as I type this. I don't want to miss out what God has for me because I am afraid, or unsure. Someones you have to step out of the boat to walk on the water, BUT the only way you and I will walk on water is to fix our eyes on Jesus! The whole idea of "such a times as this" just gets me all pumped up. I am sure at some point or another you  have heard something along the times "the times we are in..."; as believers that shouldn't make us nervous,or afraid, but excited.  I hope you know that I am one with you on this journey! I never want you for a second to think I am talk down to you...I only hope to exhort you to keep running the race, keep pursuing the heart of God through His Word and prayer, and to fall more and more in love with the Lord Jesus Christ.  Rest in the fact that you are chosen,and completely loved by Christ Jesus our Lord!

"We are a chosen generation
Rise up, holy nation
God, we live for You
You have called us out of darkness
Into light so glorious
God, we live for You"-Chris Tomlin

Comments

Popular Posts