Our Prince on a white horse

So this thought has been on my mind and heart for the past week. Where did the desire come from within a girl to find her “prince charming”, “Knight on a white horse?” As girls we want to be seen as beautiful. We want to be pursued, chased, and fought for. We grow up wanting to be princesses’ and it is not, I think, because of Disney movies. Girls had these desires long before Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty came on the scene. If anything, those movies, as much as I love them, taught girls to look for those things in men, not God. It makes me think of the God sized hole we are all born with.
What arose this question in me was a quote from Beth Moore in the Daniel study I am doing with my small group; she said “But one day her Prince will come. As will yours, Dear One. You’ll recognize Him. He’ll be the one on the white horse.”

If  I wrote everything that God is teaching me right now about the beauty of him calling us His bride I would be here all day!! So I will make it short and sweet…hopefully...and my prayer is that you will get in God’s Word for yourself and discover the beauty of this for yourself. As girls we were all created with a desire to one day be a bride. I know there are those few that don’t, but for the majority of us, we either have been or long to be one. Isa 61 are some passages in Scripture that I have not, and hope to never, get over. Jesus came to give us beauty for ashes!! I love that beauty for ashes symbolizes a bride and her veil. In the original meaning, the crown of beauty is an ornamental headdress like a crown or a wedding veil. The kind of headdress a women wore explained who she was. Isa 61 portrays God blowing away the ashes of mourning and replacing them with a crown, and not just any crown. In this case we are the bride of the Prince of Peace. Anyone else want to jump up and down besides me!!!

Our God is a God in a world where devils are dragons and where grooms really do come for their brides on white horses called faithful and true!” When I first heard that quote I thought of the ending of one of my favorite Disney Movies “Sleeping Beauty” Where the prince on his white horse fights the dragon and WINS!!!We have a prince, we have a groom, and I don’t know about you, but for this single gal that is so comforting. We are brides, beloved, beautiful, and free! I hope this brought you some encouragement and I pray that you will go and study and read more, because I can’t even begin to say all I want to, but I pray that somehow a picture was painted for you that we already have a Prince Charming on a White Horse; we don't have to look to anyone else to be what only Christ is!! As much as I love you men, you are not God! And I say this will all love, the man I will marry, as wonderful as I know he will be, will not be my Prince  Charming on a white horse, that role has already been filled! I think that the desire to have a Prince come rescue us on a White Horse, that is in every little girl and women, maybe was a desire God put in us as girls so that we would seek and find Him to be the true Prince, the desire of our hearts, the King of kings!! Lets let ourselves be swept off our feet by Jesus Christ!!!



Rev 6:2 “I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.”


Rev 19:11 “I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.”

Rev 19:14 “The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.”





Comments

Popular Posts