Come and find rest

This morning as I was checking my Twitter a friend of mine tweeted that he was listening to the song "Love Like Fire" By Hillsong. I decided to go and listen to it as well; I love when people mention what they are listening to because I always love hearing new music. As I was listening to the song one part of the Chorus leaped out of the song and into my heart, and is my prayer today and I hope forever more: "Lord my only desire is to worship at your feet!" During the song the Lord reminded me of Martha and Mary in Luke 10:38-42.  "Mary has chosen what is better and it will not be taken from her." I heard this same verse quoted at an Africa Benefit I went to Saturday. I reminded me that in all the craziness of life, even being busy with good things, I need to stop "preparing" and just sit and listen to the Lord. Everything will come and go, but the grace, privilege, honor of a Child of God to sit at my Father's  feet will not be taken from me!!! In the words of Beth Moore "Lets be desperate for some things we can have for a change."

I am preachin' to myself this morning...stop chasing and doing...we...I...need to sit and rest at the Lord's feet and let Him minister to us. In the depts of my soul there is nowhere else I would rather be. Even in the 100 things I do in a week, there is only one place I want to sit, one place worth staying, one place worth everything...to sit at the feet of my Lord Jesus! If you haven't sat at his feet today...take a moment and sit. Not physically if you can't but in your heart take a moment and sit at His feet. Sometimes we can get so busy...even doing good things we forget to sit at the feet of the one who gave us those good things, who gave us the breath,energy, grace and mercy to do them today! I needed to be reminded this morning to get my priorities straight!!! Love you dearly in the Faith, keep running the race! Sit at His feet today; for that won't be taken from you. Praise the Holy One!!



At the Home of Martha and Mary


38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!”


41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”


Comments

Popular Posts