Captive set FREE!!

Isaiah 61:1-4: The Year of the LORD's Favor

“The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
because the LORD has anointed me
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners, [a]
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor.
They will rebuild the ancient ruins
and restore the places long devastated;
they will renew the ruined cities
that have been devastated for generations”

I love these verses because they  describe to us what Jesus came to do. (Luke 4:17-21).As I watched “The Lord of the Rings” trilogy this week I was reminded how Christ came to set up free from the things that hold me/us back from being all he’s called me/us to be. “Captivity: A Christian is held captive by anything that hinders the abundant and effective Spirit-filled life God planned for him or her.”

Gal 5:1 came to mind as I was writing out some thoughts about “the rings” in our lives that hold us captive. Christ wants to destroy those things that hold us captive and set us free. “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slaver”

2 Cor 3:17 “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” If we are in Christ, we have freedom. God’s Spirit lives in us, and so where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. There is freedom in Christ. He was crucified to set us free! I did kind of a study on a few parts of Isa 61:1-4. Girls, I hope you get as giddy as I did when I read the following.

Beauty for Ashes: There is a play on the sound and meaning of the Hebrew words, peer, epher, literally, "ornamental headdress" or tiara ( Ezekiel 24:17 ), worn in times of joy, instead of a headdress of "ashes," cast on the head in mourning ( 2 Samuel 13:19 ).

Oil of Joy: Perfumed ointment was poured on the guests at joyous feasts ( Psalms 23:5 , Psalms 45:7 Psalms 45:8 , Amos 6:6 ). On occasions of grief its use was laid aside ( 2 Samuel 14:2 ).

Garments of Praise: bright-colored garments, indicative of thankfulness, instead of those that indicate despondency, as sackcloth ( John 16:20 ).

If that doesn’t sound like a new outfit, I don’t know what does. I love to shop…I think that most girls do, but Oil of Joy and Garment of Praise could not SCREAM …YOU ARE A NEW CREATION (2 Cor 5:17)…any louder to me. And, beauty for ashes, did you pick up on the word…TIARA…cause I did. We are a royal priesthood, belonging to the King of Kings, daughters of the Most High, we are princesses and what does every princess need? A TIARA…I do believe! Christ came to set us free…lets’ let God destroy “the rings” in our lives that destroy us and hold us captive, giving us garments of heaviness and despair, and instead allow him to destroy them and give us a tiara, some perfume and new outfit, a new identity in HIM!!! Man, I love me some Jesus!

“You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.” Ps 30:11-12

Songs that have been rockin’ my world for the last few weeks; check em' out!
-By our Love: Christy Nockels
-Give me faith: Elevation Church "Kingdom Come Album"
-I found a love: Bethel Live "Here Is Love Album"
-King of Wonders: Bethel Live "Here is Love Album"
-Greatness of our God: Hillsong
-Hope Now & What do I know of Holy: Addison Road
-Forever Changed: Eddie Kirkland "North Point Live Album"

Comments

Popular Posts