Abba, Father

I really should be working on a Psychology paper,but I wanted to share something with you something God showed me last night at ECHO. ECHO,if you don't know, is a college/young adults Worship Service and Bible Study held at North Metro Church in Marietta, Ga. So for the next little bit I want to share with you what God taught me,instead of studying Psychology. :) I like the idea...lol

John 1:12-13
“But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor the will of men, but of God.



Now what in the world, you may be thinking, does a picture of JKF and his son JFK Junior have to do with us being children of God. Well, I am glad you asked. Thursdays at ECHO we have been talking about the Trinity, and this Thurs we were talking about God as Father. When you look at the picture to your right, no matter what you think, at the time JFK was arguably the most powerful man in the world at the time. What is so cool about this picture is that no one had access to JFK like his kids. He wasn’t just going to let just anyone play under his desk. If the Vice President asked to play under his desk, I think there might have been some words exchanged. No one as access to the president the way his kids do. His kids still have to follow the laws, just like everyone else, he is still president but He’s also daddy to them. We have that same access to God through Christ. When we come to know Christ, we now have access to God our Father. We have been adopted as sons and daughters. We are now co-heirs with Christ.

1 John 3:1 “How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us, is that it did not know him.”

Romans 8:15-16 “For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry “Abba, Father.” The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.”

Abba- is a term of intimacy, relationship, and love. Through Christ we now get to come to God and call Him daddy. There is just something that word, daddy, that is still reverent but intimate. It shows acknowledgement of respect, but there is intimacy in saying daddy.

There is nothing like a Father’s love, God’s love. Nothing compares to it. Before Christ we were but His creations, but now through Christ we are sons and daughters of the Most High God. We no longer identify with the world but with Christ. We get to play in the “oval office.” We are not just random people under an authority we do not know; yes, we are still under God’s authority, He still rules and reigns over all, but we are also are His children. There is an intimacy in that that is indescribable. We can’t be afraid to come before our loving Father. How you view something will affect how you relate to it. How you view God will affect how you relate with Him. See him as the perfect, loving Father that He is.

Below is one of my favoite poems is called "A Father's Love Letter"

"My Child...
you may not know me, but I know everything about you. I know when you sit down and when you rise up. I am familiar with all your ways. Even the very hairs on your head are numbered. For you were made in my image. In me you live and move and have your being, For you are my offspring, I knew you even before you were conceived. I chose you when I planned creation. You were not a mistake. For all your days are written in my book. I deteremined the exact time of your birth and where you would live. You are fearfully and wonderfully made. I knit you together in your mother's womb. And brought you forth on the day you were born. I am not distant and angry but am the complete expression of love. And it is my desire to lavish my love on you. Simply because you are my child and I am you Father. I offer you more than your earthly father ever could. For I am the perfect Father. Every good gift that you recieve comes from my hand. For I am provider and I meet all your needs. My plans for your future have always been filled with hope. Because I love you with an everlasting love. My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore. And I rejoice over you with singing. I will never stop doing good for you. For you are my treasured possession. I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul. And I want to show you great and marvelous things. If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me. Delight in me and I will give you the desires of you heart. For it is I who gave you those desires. I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine. For I am your greatest encourager. I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles. When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you. As a shepard carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart. One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes. And I'll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth. I am you Father, and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus. For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed. He is the exact representation of my being. He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you. And to tell you that I am not counting your sins. Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled. His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you. I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love. If you receive the gift of my son, Jesus,you receive me. And nothing will ever seperate you from my love."

Love your Dad,
Almighty God



Comments

Popular Posts