More than just a romantic story

So after my quite time this morning the word Redeemed is just written on my heart this morning. I looked up some definitions for redeemed; here are some of them…

1. To recover ownership of by paying a specified sum.
4. To fulfill
6. To set free; rescue or ransom.
7. To save from a state of sinfulness and its consequences.
8. To make up for
9. To restore the honor, worth, or reputation of

There is one definition that I love that is not on the list; the definition is:to restore something to its original intent. I don’t know about you, but this morning that makes me what to jump up and down and praise my Redeemer Jesus Christ for paying the price to redeem me. He saw me in my pit of sin, and chose to die for me; thank you Jesus that you ever pursue this wandering heart. As I am winding up the Ruth Study I have been doing, the story now has a whole new meaning to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love me some romance, I defiantly would fall into the category of helpless romantic, but the beauty of Boaz and Ruth’s story is that it is a picture of what Jesus did for us. He saw us, and did not care where we came from; He paid the price to ransom us. He came and gave us a new identity in Christ. It was a picture of what was to come. Christ is our Kinsman-Redeemer!! I love me a good ole' romantic story; just yesterday my friend and I were talking about how she is going on a mission trip to Nicaragua. I was sharing with her about my experience there, and how it will be life changing, but also how my friend Matt proposed to his girlfriend while we were there. We both just swooned at the idea of one day having our own stories to tell about how the man of our dreams purposed…but what excites me even more than that thought is that even though that story will be a great one, I do believe,no matter when and where it happens, it can’t top the story I have with Jesus!! Maybe that’s what will make that moment all the more amazing...is knowing that we are having this moment because of an amazing, good, faithful and loving God who wants and loves to bless His children!! I could keep writing about how much I LOVE JESUS, but I have a room to clean, and a job to go to...lol!!! But I hope that today you will take some time and thank the One who redeemed you…The LORD, JESUS CHRIST!!!

Comments

Popular Posts