Just your heart

"My soul finds rest in God alone;
my salvation comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.
How long will you assault a man?
Would all of you throw him down—
this leaning wall, this tottering fence?
They fully intend to topple him
from his lofty place;
they take delight in lies.
With their mouths they bless,
but in their hearts they curse.
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge. "
Psalm 62:1-8


So the Lord blessed me with the opportunity to go to PCB (Panama City Beach) for 4 days. Last minute my friend Bricey called me and they had an open spot, and wanted to know if i wanted to go. It was a Beach trip for the Senior Pillars at First Baptist Canton. "Pillars" is what they call their girls ministry. It's taken from Ps 144:12. On the way down i was listening to my iPod and the song "I'm not alright" by Sancus Real came on. As I listened to it, the verse from Ps 62 that says "pour your heart out before him.." came to mind. It was a reminder to me,and i hope to you to be real before God.

Then this morning I was reading my devotional and at the very end of today's session the author wrote this...
"God doesn't want our "right answers"; he wants our hearts..."

Heb 4:15-16 "For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Heb 10:19-23 "Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful."

I don't know about you, but I think the Word speaks for its self! Watch the video and listen to the words of the song. Don't be afraid to pour your heart out before the Lord. He wants YOU not your right answers!!!


Comments

Popular Posts