Gen 33:5

I am up late…nothing new there, and I am just thinking about how much I can’t wait to be mom one day. But not in the conventional way; yes, if God blessed me to have the blessing of giving birth I would love that, and hope to have that incredible and indescribable blessing I have seen that to be. But I also regardless, want to adopt. As long as I can think back have wanted to adopt. I can remember conversations when I was in High School and College saying that I wanted to have 3 kids, and I wanted to have adopted one or two of the three. Why? I didn’t know but looking at it now after reading a blog post I think understands why. It is a picture of what Christ did. I have known why for awhile, but something about reading a blog about adoption just brought tears to my eyes. The thought in my heart tonight is God’s heart becomes our heart as we delight and seek Him first!

Adoption is a picture of what we have in Christ. We were adopted by God through Christ. “We are not our own, we were bought at a price.” This isn’t going to be along post, but I just wanted to share with you my heart. Remember that we co-heirs with Christ. The verse that was on the blog that captures my heart for motherhood, one day was Gen 33:5 “Esau looked up and saw the women and children. “Who are these with you?” he asked. Jacob answered, “They are the children God had graciously given your servant.”

I certainly don’t plan on being a mother anytime soon…haha…gotta get married first…well meet the guy, then get married…hahaha. You get the idea, but I love how God birth’s desires in my heart that I know are his heart, and I trust and believe in God’s timing I will have the incredible, humbling, honor of being a wife and mother some day!

I said this was gonna be short right? RIGHT!!! Haha. I was watching “Madea Family Reunion” the other night and my favorite part of the movie is the end when the grandmothers are sitting the kitchen snapping green beans and talking about love. One of the ladies said something that I grin from ear to ear, and my eyes fill up with joyous tears every time she says it. They were telling the younger girls the joys of what it is the find that person God made for you, and marry them. Her husband had died she was talking about all the sweet memories she had with him. One of the girls said “I am so sorry( referring to her husband dying),then the grandmother said “some people never know the love I am telling your about, Don’t feel sorry for me honey, I have been divinely favored. “

Comments

Popular Posts