Where the Spirit of the Lord is...

“We know where the Spirit of the Lord is…where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty…We know were living in Your freedom…living in Your freedom we see Your glory…We know where the Spirit of the Lord is…where the Spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty…We yours and yours is the kingdom.” –Chris Tomlin and Christy Nockels

I don’t know about you but I have MANY nights that for the life of me I can’t fall asleep. Well…last night was no exception. But, what I love is how many of those nights are some of my sweetest times with the Lord.I was lying in bed still unable to fall asleep and the song that I still was needing to learn for Sunday was rolling around in my head.So I decided that I would lay in bed and listen to the song on my iPod and maybe learn something besides the Chorus and Bridge…haha. Mid as well be productive if ya can’t sleep…haha, but God had something else in mind. For whatever reason, I couldn’t pull up the song. I have an iPod Touch, so I was trying to play the song from my e-mail account. Kristy had sent me the track with the vocals so I could learn the words, i had forgotten everything but the chorus and bridge. But since I couldn't seem to download the song I decided instead to listen to the Passion: Awakening Album. I was blessed to have the opportunity to attend Passion 2010 this year, so listening to the songs is always a great time of worship and praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus, but it also make me think back and remember those 4 days and all God did! One of my favorite songs,“Where the Spirit of the Lord is” by Chris Tomlin and Christy Nockels came on my iPod as I lay in bed letting it shuffle through the album. As I listened to the song for I’m sure the 400th time since January, the words fell afresh on me.

I don’t know if you have ever taken the time to break worship songs down, and see where the lyrics are found in scripture, but I have. I am a dork and actually like doing that…haha. 90% of the worship songs you sing are Scripture, God already wrote the lyrics long ago to us. As I lay in my bed the chorus fell fresh on me with the fact that we are free in Christ. Those of us in Christ Jesus, because of the Holy Spirit live in freedom. As I read through Ephesians last night I was just encouraged and reminded that I am a Child of God, I belong to Him.

This afternoon as I chill at home for a few more days before getting back to the craziness and excitement of camp, the chorus is my head again. So I went and looked it up where it was in Scripture. It’s important that you and I understand what we are singing. There is something about seeing the words to your favorite worship song in Scripture, to me, which takes the song to a whole notha level. I feel like I am rambling trying to get out what I want to say. Maybe is the lack of sleep and caffeine, but I hope I’m making some kind of since. I loved this song in Jan, but now I love it even more because I understand on an even deeper level what it is you and I are proclaiming when we sing this song.

2 Cor 3:12-18 “Since this new way gives us such confidence, we can be very bold. We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away. But the people’s minds were hardened, and to this day whenever the old covenant is being read, the same veil covers their minds so they cannot understand the truth. And this veil can be removed only by believing in Christ. Yes, even today when they read Moses’ writings, their hearts are covered with that veil and they do not understand. But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery" Gal 5:1



Comments

Popular Posts