Fight Like A Girl

Fight like a Girl
“Your brave and beautiful,hold your head high.don't ever let 'em define the light in your eyes…You can take on this world.You just stand and be strong and then fight like a girl.” – Bomshel

I was in my car driving home from a busy day of running errands. Then the song “fight like a girl” by: Bomshel came on my iPod. I have played it many times since i put it on there but this particular time 2 women popped in my head: Esther, and Ruth.

If you get the chance go read the books of Esther and Ruth.Go read and learn about their stories. Ruth, if you didn't know this is the great-grandmother of King David. Which eventually leads to our Messiah Jesus Christ. Ruth is the leniage of Jesus Christ! These are women who learned how to “fight” per say. Fight for their destiny. It didn’t come easy. Each one had their own set of bumps along the way. Some of my favorite verses are out of Esther. It’s probably the most well known set of verses. Esther 4:13-14 “Do you think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?”

Then in verses 16 “Go, gather together all the Jews who are in Susa, and fast for me. Do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my maids will fast as you do. When this is done, I will go to the king, even though it is against the law. And if I perish, I perish."

Esther had to make a decision. She had to get up, and choose to “fight” for her people. As I write this I think of a quote from the book “Get Over Yourself” By: Jennifer Beckham. The whole book is based off this one quote “Who told you to feel? You were chosen to be a princess. Now, Go! Wash your face, get a new attitude, and go be Cinderella.” In college Jennifer was a "Princess" for DisneyLand in Orlando and eventually Disney Tokyo. At this point she was at her lowest point. She had gone into work that day not "feeling" like of all things being "Cinderella." She was balimic at the time and was up all night throwing up and crying and had fallen asleep on the bathroom floor. When she arrived at work that afternoon her boss Tommy saw her and asked what was wrong, at first she said "I'm fine Tommy." Tommy grabbed her arm and swung her around and said, "your not ok, whats wrong." At that point Jennifer snapped and said "I don't feel like being here Tommy. I just don't feel like being at work today." Then at that point Tommy looked at her and said "Who asked you to feel, Go, was your face, get a new attitude, and go be Cinderella."

As she breaks it down the whole idea is this; for us to get on to the destiny’s God has for us, we are going to have to chose to walk by faith not feelings. You and I were chosen by God to fulfill a purpose. Whether we “feel” like it or not God chose us. Now go and get a new attitude: some of use still need healing and until we allow God to tend to, and heal those wounds we can’t get to were we need to go. Wash your face and go be Cinderella. At some point we have to get up and move forward. As it says in Ecc 3 there is a season for everything. A SEASON, as in not forever. Esther made a choice to act, and so did Ruth. Again, 2 totally different destiny’s but each tied together.

What is it that is holding you back from being all God has called you to be? I know I have my things that I battle each day. Somethings are simple and some are deeper issues that we have to go before the throne of grace and receive healing. So if you have the time go read about these 2 ordinary yet extraordinary women and their stories. I am always encouraged by their lives, because I don't know about you, but I know I'm ordinary, and when I see how God used these women it encourages me that God can use little ole me in a big way in His story, and little ole’ you. ;)
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him” 1 Cor 2:9

Comments

Godsy Girl(TM) said…
Great post! We wrote about similar topics. :)

I'm your newest follower. Please visit GodsyGirl.Com and consider following me as well.

Praise God for you and keep on ministering, Girl!

Teri Brooks
GodsyGirl.Com

Popular Posts