In Between...

"You face your greatest opposition when you're closest to your biggest miracle." T.D. Jakes

This is a pretty simple post, just a thought really. I saw the quote above on a friend’s Facebook the other day. Today as I was thinking and praying about this season of life I am in right now, the quote came to mind.

Even though i have never given birth, i have friends that have. I feel like I'm in that time a month or two before you are due, when you are just ready to give birth. You just want the thing out of you, but there is still growing that needs to be down. There are still things that have to happen, before birth.

That is how i feel. There is such a vision and passion in my heart to go into fulltime ministry, but I am in this season on waiting. There are still things God wants to do in me right now. I feel like I’m in this pull of wanting something so bad, but having to wait on God's timing and way. There is a reason for the waiting. There is always purpose. It’s just hard. Even when something is good for you, it’s doesn’t make it any easier sometimes. Just like a woman who is going to give birth. She might be ready, but the baby isn't. There is still growing that has to happen. Even as I write this I remembered something my friend Melanie told me. She was still pregnant at the time, and I just couldn't believe how much she had grown since I last saw here about a month ago. Then she told me something, that now is so profound, she said "the baby grows the most the last two or three months."

James 1:2-4 comes to mind "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

"You face your greatest opposition when you're closest to your biggest miracle." T.D. Jakes

Comments

Popular Posts