I'd kiss a hundred frogs...




"When the LORD saw that Leah was not loved, he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. 32 Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben, [b] for she said, "It is because the LORD has seen my misery. Surely my husband will love me now."She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "Because the LORD heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too." So she named him Simeon.Again she conceived, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "Now at last my husband will become attached to me, because I have borne him three sons." So he was named Levi." Gen 29: 31-34

I have been listening to a series Beth Moore has been doing talking about insecurity. She has been going through the story of Jacob, Rachel, and Leah. As she read through all that Leah said and taught about how many stupid decisions we make out of desperation as women. The last part were she said, now he will be attached to me, was the stunning part. Now Leah has accepted that she is not loved, but she will settle with him being attached to her. Then the clip from Princess and the Frog (above) came to mind. It probably one of my favorite parts of the movie,one because it reminds me to a T of my best friend Jacinta and I (she would be Tiana, and I would be charolette...haha) but when I thought about it, what charlotte said is true for some many women. "i will do anything to get what i want" is basically what she is saying. I would do anything if i thought I could get what i really want in the end.

Jesus came to set us free. We are worth more than what we realize. We have value. We need to act like it. My mom says something that makes me cringe every time she says it. I love my mom, but i disagree with her on this one. "You have to kiss alot of frogs to find your prince." And I am always like (i promise in a respectful way) Why would i want to kiss frogs, thats grose...haha" You don't have to settle. Trust God. I know for me, there are still things in my life, strongholds, and wounds that need healing. We all do. I want to be free. I don't want to fall into the trap of getting so obsessed with something, to the point that it is a stronghold. That is not God's will for my life. I want to be FREE! So anyway i know a lot of this may be kinda scattered, considering its 7am, I was on Skype with my friend until 1:30, I'm only on my 1st cup of coffee, and I am still processing..haha. But, I know I needed to hear this message this morning. Let God tend to the things he wants to tend to. And ladies, don’t make decisions out of rejection…(aka..desperation.) I do apologize to the guys that read this, we girls have ISSUES…you have NO idea. As donkey says in sherk, “cakes have layers.” Haha. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts