Simply Loved

I was having one of those days where I just wanted to be out. I had the morning free before work, so I went for a drive. God and I have some great talks in the car, whether when I’m driving or sitting in the garage, it’s the one place I can get away sometimes. I was driving down the road listening to music with the windows down just enjoying the beautiful day, then this thought came to me.

When babies are born they are not the cutest things. If you have ever seen the show “A baby story,” or seen a video in health class, you have seen that when babies come out they are not the cleanest or cutest things right off. But yet, you always hear the mother,father, and other family and friends gathered saying "isn’t he/she beautiful,cute"…insert your chosen adjective. This child is loved and seen as beautiful not because of anything it has done, or because of how it looks, it is simple loved because he/she belongs to that family. It is apart of them.

Then this thought occurred to me, and I know it was God speaking to my heart,“you are beautiful because you are mine. I love you because your mine.”

We are loved unconditionally by God because we belong to Him, through Jesus Christ. When we receive Christ as our Savior, we become co-heirs with Christ. We are adopted into the family of God, and are now daughter and sons of the Almighty God. It is not because of any external thing, or because of anything we do. We are simply loved, because we are His!I am still trying to wrap my mind around it. I will never fully grasp it, but I grasp it and believe it more today than yesterday…so progress. We are intrinsically loved!

There is one more thought that I will try and explain that goes with this truth that we are loved. In scripture we are called “Beloved.” Louie Giglio explained it best the other week, talking about the role of God as Father at Passion City Church in Atlanta. But one thing he said just jumped out at me when he was talking about the translation of the word. The word can actually be read as two separate words “Be Loved.” It sounds almost like a command, or as if someone is asking you to please believe this is true of you. “Let yourself,Be Loved!" Sometimes, because of lifes pains,we build up walls. We believed the lies that God is somewhere mad at us, or whatever lie you and I have believed at one point or another about God and our circumstances. The result is we build up walls, and God is asking you and I to let down our guard and let Him in, and allow ourselves to BE LOVED by the One true God who we can trust with our hearts. It was created for Him and to know Him!

I may or may not be making since, but I just wanted to get my thoughts down. Jesus thank you that you love me so completely,are so patient with me. Thank you Lord, that in you I have intrinsic value; I am loved simple because I am yours!!

“So be still and know that I am God!” Ps 46:10

“My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you'll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ's love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us” Eph 3:14-21 (The Msg)

Comments

Popular Posts