Can I have his dance?



As i sat at the dining room table with my coffee and Bible, I finished reading the book of John. What is so amazing is as i have read through the book of John this week, the Lord has just been revealing to me the simplicity of what it is to know Him. "Just believe me, and love me." BELIEVE! As i finished up the book of John, what i loved is that it talks about how the disciples were having breakfast with Jesus, and at the time, as the sun came up, so was I! God is amazing and breathtaking in His timing. As i walked down stairs the song "Can i have this dance?" from High School Musical 3: Senior Year was in my head. Not the whole thing, but just the chorus "Can i have this dance? Can I have this dance?"

I am going to admit something that just goes to show, God knows my heart. I LOVE High School Musical. But the 3rd one is probably my favorite, and this scene in the movie is probably my favorite. I love to dance, I always have visions of slow dancing in the kitchen with my husband one day. Just the thought makes my heart a flutter. So this scene of Zac and Vanessa (or, Troy and Gabriella) dancing just captivates my heart every time. But the picture above is my favorite part of the dance, when she lets go, and just rests' in his arms. As i watched the clip on youtube, that image, made the tears start to fill my eyes, in a good way. I felt the Lord impressing on my heart. “Brittney, that is what i want you to do. Enjoy ME! Rest in ME! It's as if i felt God asking, “may i have this dance?" I can't explain, completely what that one statement means to me. But in this season, of waiting, it’s as if God is asking, Can i have this dance? Rest in my arms, and enjoy what you have in me!" As I look at the picture, i see her face and the joy she has being free in his arms, but also the joy he has holding her, and being strong for her, they are both so full of joy, and that is how i feel this morning, as I allow the Lord Jesus, to have this dance, per-say, as it says in Ps 16:11 "..for in your presence is fullness of joy." I want to rest in His everlasting arms. Just now I thought of a quote, “Dance with God,and in his timing, and his way, he’ll let the man he has for you cut in.” I’m not just waiting on God for my husband, although it is one of the things, I am asking and believe Him for, I am wondering and waiting on a lot of things,but in the midst of everything going on, all the questions,and wonder God says; REST! TRUST! BELIEVE ME and IN ME! LOVE ME, and SEEK ME and MY Righteousness first, DELIGHT, WAIT, ENJOY!”

Comments

Popular Posts