Women vs. The Wild

I know that I moved all my notes to my blog…and have been putting notes/blogs on there ever since, but this I think is to important to just put on my blog in hopes you'll read it. My hope is that putting it on facebook maybe more people will see it! So with that said, here we go…

I am so excited! Today my new book “Wilderness skills for women” by Marian Jordan came in the mail. I was laughing just a minute ago on the phone with my best friend of 12 yrs about where were these books when I was 18..haha. You have to read the books and hear her testimony to understand that statement. But anyway, I digress. Here is what I wanted to share. “The Wilderness of Rejection.” In this chapter of the book she is talking about how God used everything in Josephs life for a purpose. That even though at the time something may have felt like rejection is was actually God’s protection and sovereignty. So I will share with you what she wrote. I hope that it may bring you some hope. I have been there, where you feel the sting of rejection, and you just don’t understand. But, believe me. God always uses it for good, and when you look back on whatever it may be retrospectively you will see the hand of God, and how he protected you. I can not count how many times I look back now and say “thank you God, you did not give me my way, or what I “thought” I wanted!”


-THE WILDERNESS OF REJECTION-
“It never fails; in nearly every episode of man vs. wild, Bear begins with the same skills- when lost in the wild, find the highest point of elevation near you and climb to the top of it. Why? Simple, so you can gain perspective on your location. Perspective is extremely important in wilderness survival. Perspective proves crucial whether lost in the Sierra Nevada or in a wilderness of rejection. Girls, as followers of Jesus Christ and daughters of the Most High God, whenever we face a circumstance that seems like rejection, we need to take a hike up a little mountain (actually it is quite massive, a summit that I like to call The Sovereignty of God) and look at our situation from that vantage point. To say that God is sovereign means He rules and reigns over His creation- to know He is actively working and involved in your life and causing the circumstances of your life to work for a purpose. Translation: God isn’t sitting up in heaven saying “Ooops, I really dropped the ball on that one!” This aspect of God’s character is the rock upon which we stand in the wilderness of rejection. We don’t fear , we do not dread, we do not lose hope because we know He is in control. So, when the sting of rejection hits, we can say “This circumstance was filtered through the sovereign hands of my God. We have this promise from God’s Word: “God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose” (Rom 8:28) Hmm…Let’s think about this one for a second. What would be included in that “all things” category?
-a heartbreak ? Check
-being fired? Check
-ridicule? Check
-not being picked for kickball…lol? Check
-Abuse? Check
-neglect? Check
-Abandonment? Check
When God says “all things,” He means all things, Recap. Think about how God worked all things for good in the life of Joseph. Consider these awesome facts, and see the greater purpose at play out:
-if Joseph’s brothers never sell him to the Midianites, then Joseph never goes to Egypt.
-if Joseph never goes to Egypt, he is never sold to Potiphar
-If he is never sold to Potiphar, Potophar’s wife never falsely accuses his of rape
-If Potiphar’s wife never falsely accuses him of rape, then he is never put into prison
If he is never put in prison, he never meets the bakes and butler of pharaoh
-If he never meets the baker and butler of Pharaoh, he never interprets their dreams
-if he never interprets their dreams, he never gets to interpret Pharaoh’s dreams
-if he never gets to interpret Pharaoh’s dreams, he never is made prime minister
-if he is never made prime minister, he never wisely administers for the severe famine coming upon the region
-If he never wisely administrates for the severe famine coming upon the region, then his family back in Canaan perishes from the famine
-if his family back in Canaan perishes from the famine, the Messiah can’t come from a dead family
-If the Messiah can’t come forth, then Jesus never came
-If Jesus never came, you are dead in your sins and without hope in this world
What seemed like rejection truly was God’s protection. When we choose to look at out circumstances from the summit of God’s sovereignty, we are given the gift of peace that comes only from prospective. Granted, we may never know why some things happen. Knowing why is a rare gift that God sometimes gives to us- it is not something we are entitled to. Faith trusts Him when we don’t get our reason. “

If you want to hear Marian story, I have the video on my blog, from Breakaway ministries titles "Faith and Inheritance" or check her out at www.RedeemedGirl.org

Comments

Popular Posts