You are my freedom!

"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.” Gal 5:1

"Many Christians still live as though they are enslaved. When told they are free, some could easily respond like the Alabama slave "I don't know anything about grace, except they say i am free. And I don't know anything about that either." As a result of choosing to ignore the freedom Christ won for His own,many still live with a sin-oriented mentality. Most do,in fact.
Christians too often resemble frightened and unsure religious slaves. Sometimes it emerges in other manifestations. We rationalize around out sin; we act hypocritically; occasionally we lie and cheat and steal. Then with a shrug we say, "Well, you know,man,nobody's perfect." In effect, we are saying, “I’m still enslaved. Sin still overpowers me. I'm so ashamed. But I just can't help it." Nonsense! When will we start living like those who are free? God says to every one of us, "Where sin abouded, grace superabounded.You were once enslaved to a passion, yes, but no longer...Now you're free from that. You can live about it." Grace awakens, enlivens, and empowers our ability to conquer sin.
Once we truly grasp the freedom grace brings, we can spend lengthy periods of our lives without sinning or feeling ashamed. Yes we can! And why now? Why should sin gain the mastery over us? Who says we cannot help but yield to it? How unbiblical! You see, most of use are so programmed to sin that we wait for it to happen. To tell the truth, most Christians have been better trained to expect and handle their sin than to expect and enjoy their freedom. The shame and self-imposed guilt this brings is enormous, to say nothing of the "I'm defeated" message it reinforces. We begin the day afraid of sin. We live ashamed. We go to bed with a long list, ready to confess. If it isn't very long, we fear we've overlooked several "hidden sins." Maybe we've gotten proud.
What in the world had happened to grace? Furthermore, where is the abundant life Christ offered? Are freed people suppose to live such a frightened existence? Are we emancipated or not? If so, let’s live like it! That isn't heresy; it's the healthiest kind of theology imaginable.
I can assure you, your old master doesn't want you to read this or think like this. He wants you to exist in the shack of ignorance, clothed in the rags of guilt and shame, afraid of him and his whip. Like the cruel slave owner, he wants you to think you "gotta take a beatin' every now n' then" just so you will stay in line. Listen to me today! That is heresy! Because our Savior has set us free, the old master- the supreme grace killer-has no right whatsoever to put a whip to your back. Those days have ended, my friend, You're FREE! Those of us who are a part of the grace awakening refuse to live like slaves. We've been emancipated!"

(From the book "The Owner's Manual for Christians" By Charles Swindoll)

For whatever reason the Lord brought this song to my mind! I had not listen to it in awhile...but after reading this,and the Holy Spirit bringing Gal 5:1 to my memory, this song just became my prayer...and God's voice right back to me! Even in the midst of that song it reminded me of passion and the song "Awakening" "I hear Your voice, and this is my awakening." Lord Jesus you are just more than enough for this heart!! I can hardly contain the love and joy you pour into me!!! I love you too!!!

Comments

Popular Posts